Howdy all

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome! You've been missed. I was off forums for a long time myself. Now it kinda feels like I rediscovered home.

Howdy yourself. Stick around!

Stefan

No new knives in a long time but I have been using the ones I have allot. I have been thinking of what I need and what I realistically may need in future cooking needs. I'm pretty much set on getting the Moritaka petty in a 150-60 range as the one I'm using now has a crack in it. Lucky for me the crack is VERY thin and has not chipped out or anything even with sharpening. Hell of a good blade I must say on the JCK AS Damascus blades they had a couple years ago.

Still use my Harners though my 11" chef's only sees action on watermelons of late lol. I still have my old faithful Hiromoto's though I did weed them down to the ones I use the most, or have no intention of getting rid of :p Even though I have the H AS 300 suji the H AS Wa Suji with Stephan's handle, I just love that knife even if it doesn't get used nearly as much anymore, special occations is about it :p

While I love my cleavers I just haven't used them at home as they are a bit on the big side for home use, not to mention the shear cost of getting a new one in the size and make I want for a home use knife :( I keep telling myself I will get one when things are better.

At this time my for most interests are in my Bicycling, so much so that I only drive once or twice a month lately, saves a TON on gas :) and bike repairs are a snap :) Funny thing is I have been thinking of what knife to have made to fit my bike camping kitchen kit :p I have yet to find a knife made that will serve my interests in a camp kitchen knife, but that is another topic all together lol.

So I need to let the "mommy" use the puter for a few and then I'll pop back and get caught up on the reading :)

Welcome Shawn. Hey why aren't you back in AK? Hey any new straights?

Picked up a W&B chopper a few months back that is at least a 8/8, took a great edge and just haven't gotten to the point of filming it yet :p

I WISH!!!! My daughter and I both are pushing for it :)

Under control so far :) the Bicycle was a huge help as well as cutting out the processed foods. But thats a longer story :p

Feels good to be back around steel :)

DC, have you taken a look at the kurouchi Zakuri knives yet? Look right up your alley!

Welcome!

Here's a guy who knows his way around sharp things. :thumbsup2:

I'll have to get pics set up soon, I don't recall if I got pics of it yet.

Still a patina junkie for sure, I found a pocket knife I thought was long gone, a Camillus 72, from when my mom used to take us out camping in the early 70's. All sharpened up and lives in my pocket :) Happy camper :)

I've seen the KU Zakuri knives :) and Ya they are on the list of knives to aquirre , just have to figure out a style that I need :)

Back