Quantcast
Howdy all
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy all

Howdy all

Long time sence I've been on forums.

How you all doing

Pretty good. Pull up a chair and make yourself welcome. The rest of the guys will be here presently.

Rick

Welcome! You've been missed. I was off forums for a long time myself. Now it kinda feels like I rediscovered home.
    - Sean

Welcome aboard!

Howdy yourself. Stick around!

Stefan

No new knives in a long time but I have been using the ones I have allot. I have been thinking of what I need and what I realistically may need in future cooking needs. I'm pretty much set on getting the Moritaka petty in a 150-60 range as the one I'm using now has a crack in it. Lucky for me the crack is VERY thin and has not chipped out or anything even with sharpening. Hell of a good blade I must say on the JCK AS Damascus blades they had a couple years ago.

Still use my Harners though my 11" chef's only sees action on watermelons of late lol. I still have my old faithful Hiromoto's though I did weed them down to the ones I use the most, or have no intention of getting rid of Even though I have the H AS 300 suji the H AS Wa Suji with Stephan's handle, I just love that knife even if it doesn't get used nearly as much anymore, special occations is about it

While I love my cleavers I just haven't used them at home as they are a bit on the big side for home use, not to mention the shear cost of getting a new one in the size and make I want for a home use knife I keep telling myself I will get one when things are better.

At this time my for most interests are in my Bicycling, so much so that I only drive once or twice a month lately, saves a TON on gas and bike repairs are a snap Funny thing is I have been thinking of what knife to have made to fit my bike camping kitchen kit I have yet to find a knife made that will serve my interests in a camp kitchen knife, but that is another topic all together lol.

So I need to let the "mommy" use the puter for a few and then I'll pop back and get caught up on the reading

Welcome Shawn. Hey why aren't you back in AK? Hey any new straights?

Welcome Sean, long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Welcome Shawn. Hey why aren't you back in AK? Hey any new straights?
    Picked up a W&B chopper a few months back that is at least a 8/8, took a great edge and just haven't gotten to the point of filming it yet

I WISH!!!! My daughter and I both are pushing for it