Quantcast
Mopping Up

Thread: Mopping Up

Mopping Up

So, got a question here that I'm trying to find an answer for. Hot water or cold water for mopping kitchen floor. Over the years I've seen both and think both sides have their merits.
    Currently I've got the beginnings of another great crew at my place and a few of these guys genuinely want to maintain a clean kitchen. Hence this discussion as a couple guys have been heating up water for the mop bucket. My first thought was wasted gas(butane which we have filled on a bi-weekly schedule), but then I started to think about it. And I will add that our kitchen runs very cold this time of year throughout winter.

Hot water is always a better cleaner and it dries much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpao View Post
    Hot water is always a better cleaner and it dries much faster.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I agree. It also gets grease and oils off better in my experience.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

I've only ever used hot. I don't see why you would use cold unless whatever floor chemicals you use require you to do so (and I've never come across those).

If I'm understanding you right, then boiling water on the stove for the mop buckets is a little extreme. Burning hot water from the sink is good enough IMO.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDA_NC View Post
    I've only ever used hot. I don't see why you would use cold unless whatever floor chemicals you use require you to do so (and I've never come across those).

If I'm understanding you right, then boiling water on the stove for the mop buckets is a little extreme. Burning hot water from the sink is good enough IMO.
    The Ecolab Wash & Walk product we use specifically says to use cold H2O. The hot water kills the enzymes in their concoction.
    Otherwise though, yes to hot!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon