Mopping Up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
So, got a question here that I'm trying to find an answer for. Hot water or cold water for mopping kitchen floor. Over the years I've seen both and think both sides have their merits.
Currently I've got the beginnings of another great crew at my place and a few of these guys genuinely want to maintain a clean kitchen. Hence this discussion as a couple guys have been heating up water for the mop bucket. My first thought was wasted gas(butane which we have filled on a bi-weekly schedule), but then I started to think about it. And I will add that our kitchen runs very cold this time of year throughout winter.

Hot water is always a better cleaner and it dries much faster.

I agree. It also gets grease and oils off better in my experience.

I've only ever used hot. I don't see why you would use cold unless whatever floor chemicals you use require you to do so (and I've never come across those).

If I'm understanding you right, then boiling water on the stove for the mop buckets is a little extreme. Burning hot water from the sink is good enough IMO.

I've only ever used hot. I don't see why you would use cold unless whatever floor chemicals you use require you to do so (and I've never come across those).

If I'm understanding you right, then boiling water on the stove for the mop buckets is a little extreme. Burning hot water from the sink is good enough IMO.
The Ecolab Wash & Walk product we use specifically says to use cold H2O. The hot water kills the enzymes in their concoction.
Otherwise though, yes to hot!

Back