Quantcast
ridiculous requests - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

ridiculous requests

Little bit OT but does anyone else dislike sauce on the side orders? I mean what's the first thing your gong to do...just going to put it on there anyway aren't ya Lol. Or perhaps your unsure about my sauce skills And don't want to risk it on the plate if you don't like it...Or mabie you don't like my sauce distribution or quantitys.
    Either way,I know how much sauce you need not you ... I'll have you Know my sauces are damn nice and the plate looks sh*t without sauce. You've ruined everything...

Okay rant over... Don't take me too seriously if you like your sauce on the side But still I would like to understand the logic behind this choice?

I only do this with salad dressing and wing sauce. For salads, it's about controlling how much dressing in each bite as well as how much total. For wings, it's about keeping them crisp.

I'd guess you're talking more about fine dining though? Can't help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo87 View Post
    Little bit OT but does anyone else dislike sauce on the side orders? I mean what's the first thing your gong to do...just going to put it on there anyway aren't ya Lol. Or perhaps your unsure about my sauce skills And don't want to risk it on the plate if you don't like it...Or mabie you don't like my sauce distribution or quantitys.
    Either way,I know how much sauce you need not you ... I'll have you Know my sauces are damn nice and the plate looks sh*t without sauce. You've ruined everything...

Okay rant over... Don't take me too seriously if you like your sauce on the side But still I would like to understand the logic behind this choice?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I only do this with salad dressing and wing sauce. For salads, it's about controlling how much dressing in each bite as well as how much total. For wings, it's about keeping them crisp.

I do this too for the exact same reasons.

The only two requests I make at a restaurant are a lettuce wrapped burger instead of with a bun and a veggie substitute if my dinner comes with a potato.

yeah sauce on the side is a good one
    worked in an upscale asian restaurant in nyc where i would get requests for the green curry sauce on the side on a regular basis.
    in line with the is there meat on the burger question i had a request for a buffalo mozzarella salad without the buffalo meat .i didnt know who to hit first the waitress or the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo87 View Post

Yes. All of this.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post

I can completely understand a sauce on the side if it's a dipping sauce. But then that should be on the side anyway. But salad... I guess if the cook just squirts dressing on top it would be better to do it yourself. However personally I dress / season / toss / taste every single salad I make until it's perfect. So I feel someone wanting the dressing on the side perhaps just wants control/ doesn't trust me ;( . Either way I know how much dressing you need I guess I can understand at lower end joints with less than adequate cooks but why ask for sauce/ dressing on side at a nice restaurant with good cooks who know exactly how to season / dress / sauce because they've done it for that dish one million times and they've got it perfect.

Approaching one of my pet peeves: waiters with a 3' pepper mill asking me if I want pepper on my salad. I usually ask them 'If the salad needs pepper, why didn't the chef add it already?', usually confusing the waiters... I know, it's about the tips, but it annoys me.

Stefan

On another note... a ticket came in on Saturday lunch with a mod of burnt onion on his burger. I got the server to clarify perhaps he wanted caramelised onion? No brown onion literally burnt until lt resembles cole, a completely disgusting lifeless Inedible pile of black crispy stuff that used to be an onion. And he loved it and said it was perfect. W T F ! Lol
    Server said he's seen this a few times b4... That was a first for me. Everyone kept wanting to toss the pan it was very hard to actually deliberately burn something and stop other guys from "rescuing" it lol

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    How about: "Bearnaise without the tarragon" Hollandaise? "No, I like Bernaise but I'm allergic to tarragon"
    Isn't Bearnaise normally made with shallots, peppercorns and vinegar instead of the lemon juice that's in Hollandaise? I mean I get that tarragon is the biggest difference, but it's not like Hollandaise + tarragon = Bearnaise, is it?

But normally it's a tarragon vinegar...