Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I'm gonna open a resturant called Natural Selection that features every known allergen on Earth in the food...and not tell anyone. Oh, what times we'll have!!!
    Fugu fish cakes, made in the robotcoupe?
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Hell yeah!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

i fully support your idea!

I'm In!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I'm gonna start going to vegan and vegetarian restaurants and start complaining that there isn't any goddamn meat options on their menus.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I'm gonna start going to vegan and vegetarian restaurants and start complaining that there isn't any goddamn meat options on their menus.
    I've been wanting to do this for a long time. My old chef used to Joke he was going to take the entire staff out to one and do the same , just to prove a point.. sadly,(or not) there isn't one in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Love this idea too!

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    I'm gonna open a resturant called Natural Selection that features every known allergen on Earth in the food...and not tell anyone. Oh, what times we'll have!!!
    I have a confession to make. I just stole this and made it into a FB status.

It's one of the funniest things I've seen recently!!!

brianb

The few odd requests I got working this summer included a family requesting a pizza consisting of a grilled tortilla shell and a mess of seasoned spinach, nothing else. they came back with family the next day and ordered about 3 of the same, only 1 with cheese. We also got a couple, 1 of which insisted of having everything gluten free (eventually requesting full lettuce leaves to use as a burger bun) and the other insisting upon fried, pecan breaded chicken instead of grilled pork with the glaze and apple/onion mix it was served with. One of my favorites though was a lady that came in at least once a week and ordered a salad with grilled instead of fried chicken for health reasons. still didn't object to drenching it in butter based buffalo sauce and blue cheese though.