Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

I am going to start only honoring allergy requests if the guest can produce a doctor's note or prescribed EpiPen.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    . One of my favorites though was a lady that came in at least once a week and ordered a salad with grilled instead of fried chicken for health reasons. still didn't object to drenching it in butter based buffalo sauce and blue cheese though.
    Hey now, back the truck up. When I'm looking for rabbit food this is among my favorite salads. Prefer the caesar, chicken grilled and don't forget the parm...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

You know it's bad when comics related to the issue begin to crop up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    The few odd requests I got working this summer included a family requesting a pizza consisting of a grilled tortilla shell and a mess of seasoned spinach, nothing else. they came back with family the next day and ordered about 3 of the same, only 1 with cheese. We also got a couple, 1 of which insisted of having everything gluten free (eventually requesting full lettuce leaves to use as a burger bun) and the other insisting upon fried, pecan breaded chicken instead of grilled pork with the glaze and apple/onion mix it was served with. One of my favorites though was a lady that came in at least once a week and ordered a salad with grilled instead of fried chicken for health reasons. still didn't object to drenching it in butter based buffalo sauce and blue cheese though.

Being diabetic I have to eat sugar free and low carb. I always get lettuce wrapped burgers, always get grilled instead of breaded and don't skimp on the cheese or buffalo sauce, please! I know it sounds odd, like a double Big Mac with a diet coke kinda weird but my cholesterol has went from really really bad to normal. Not all of your diners are cuckoo for cocoa puffs lol.

Lately my boss has been quite vocal when saying "What is this a f-in hospital." People eating in the dining room can hear it, wife comes in to yell at chef...priceless.

Get old people coming in and wanting scampi but not too well done, so we microwave it for a few seconds and put it in the oven for 5 mins. They say it's amazing!
    "There are 2 mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way and not starting"

Love this…NSFW

Few years ago when I was working at a sushi restaurant, a lady was allergic to fish. She request us to make her some veggie maki and demand use to wash/sanitize or not use the knife and cutting board on a Friday night while she is watching

I once asked for a tuna fish sandwich...and to hold the mayonnaise.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski