Quantcast
ridiculous requests - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

So many geniuses in ptown..

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    i agree but disagree. I thought the same until I as well have a gluten intolerance. I use to and still hate gluten free people who show up without notice and expect a whole meal catered to them. People who are truly gluten free will typically call ahead or know what they can have. And the ones who bring cards with what they can't have you know are truly allergic.

but i have to tell you if i eat too much gluten i will feel like **** for up to a week, glad i finally figured it out because it sucks.

but we have these people who come in literally every single night and sit at the bar. They refuse to order off the menu, and the Maitre D' allows them to get away with it as well as the owners. Every night is some concoction of food and special sauce. Then about a minute before we close his wife will order something special.
    people that fake gluten allegies are lame. that being said, im pretty convinced that there definitely health benefits to reducing your gluten consumption, and i do try to do just that whenever i can.

a new one for me today: (american restaurant), someone asks for fried rice with teriyaki sauce. there is no rice or teriyaki sauce anywhere on the menu btw.

Charge them 35$ and just get some takeaway at the back door of the kitchen

36 oz. Porterhouse for two...requested the strip side half M, half MW, and filet side half MR, half M

you can't make this stuff up
    -Matt

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I always love when you get the red ink that says "onion allergy" or whatever, then you tell the server there is already onion in x, y or z. They come back and say, "they said that was okay, just no EXTRA onion". Oh, so you are only allergic to EXTRA onion? Got it.

My most ridiculous ever was someone who wanted their entire meal (a salmon entree) put in a blender so they could drink/slurp it. They were elderly or injured or something...but geez.
    gross dude!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    The whole gluten-free thing is totally out of hand.
    The thing is, we take food allergies seriously. So don't tell us you're allergic to something when you really aren't. Getting all new mise, cutting boards, putting pots of clean oil on the range to cook your "gluten allergy" fries. It screws us up. We're happy to accommodate, but don't lie about it.
    Gaaawd most disrespectful people ever. Im sorry if youre gluten free for real, but Im sick of this S&^* and the whiny snobby attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    I was working at a place that served a 14 course degustation only, there were always dietary requests, not usually a big deal, one night we had a customer who was vegetarian, no dairy, no sugar, no high fructose fruits, and no mushrooms, tomatoes or capsicums, onions or garlic. 14 Courses!!!
    Happens all too often. What the hell did you come here for lady? You want a boiled potato or something? 14 ways...
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoNole View Post
    36 oz. Porterhouse for two...requested the strip side half M, half MW, and filet side half MR, half M

you can't make this stuff up
    Gentlemen, in the spirit of the OP, I think we have a WINNER!

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- [url]http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkriggen/library/Available20handles[/url]

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

what was your response?

I love the vegan 10 course tasting menu, without notice. Someone may have already said that though.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...