Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

On New Years Eve an epi pen made an appearance at my restaurant. They had a hazelnut allergy. They requested the Hazelnut Cremosa. Then they literally ate a couple of candied hazelnuts. And they had an allergic reaction. Imagine that.
    'I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.' Woody Allen

back in the day natural selection would have run its course.

Few years ago I had someone order a club sandwich on brown bread, but the middle slice of bread white. About a year after that I had someone ask me to pick the minced carrots out of a rice pilaf. I said no to that one, unless they wanted to wait for me to make a new batch, which they didn't.

Last night had a table send back our Pickled Bean Sprout salad, they weren't aware that it was a 'salad' and said they can't eat raw bean sprouts.... And requested it be cooked, because they can eat them cooked apparently.

Had a server that had 4 tickets in a row that every dish had a special instruct on it, and the very next ticket he put in had a side of broccoli-sub collard greens on it.

... Dude. Put in a side of collard greens.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    had a server ask today if we still had mashed potatoes. We haven't had that for 3 months, when the menu changed.
    Chewie's the man.

Server at brunch tries to order fries. We've never had fries. So their response is: 'Well how about a baked potato?'

Never had a baked potato at brunch either.

86'd the server.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Server at brunch tries to order fries. We've never had fries. So their response is: 'Well how about a baked potato?'

Never had a baked potato at brunch either.

86'd the server.
    Tater salad?

Pittsburgh Well Done Filet.
    It is our human duty to enjoy life. We’ve got to be greedy about living. We learned that greed is a vice, but that’s old. Greed is a virtue. Especially this greediness for life.

Quote Originally Posted by JanusInTheGarden View Post
    Pittsburgh Well Done Filet.
    Hahaha that's a good one. I'd have cooked that right on a burner on the range till it was black.