Quantcast
ridiculous requests
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

ridiculous requests

guest orders a bowl of soup, moments later server returns asking for it to be reheated because they now want it to go. what da funk?

share some head scratching requests you've experienced.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    (a long time ago in a Mexican restaurant far, far away)

ALL cheese chimichanga topped with conqueso..................
    ..............but I'll have a Diet Coke, I'm watching my weight.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I always love when you get the red ink that says "onion allergy" or whatever, then you tell the server there is already onion in x, y or z. They come back and say, "they said that was okay, just no EXTRA onion". Oh, so you are only allergic to EXTRA onion? Got it.

My most ridiculous ever was someone who wanted their entire meal (a salmon entree) put in a blender so they could drink/slurp it. They were elderly or injured or something...but geez.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

There is the ever popular well done steak with a little pink, and the even more popular Medium rare with no pink.

Egg white omelets with extra bacon, but no oil because that would be unhealthy.

"Is the cold water salmon local?" "No ma'am we are in the mountains and cold water doesn't exist in the south."

"Why does this chicken have a bone in it?" "Because chickens have bones sir."

And my all time favorite:
    "Do you catch the trout yourself?" "...No."
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

"is the fish of the day really fishy?" not a request, but a rather annoying question. sometimes guest will ask for a rare/med rare steak that isnt bloody.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    The whole gluten-free thing is totally out of hand.
    The thing is, we take food allergies seriously. So don't tell us you're allergic to something when you really aren't. Getting all new mise, cutting boards, putting pots of clean oil on the range to cook your "gluten allergy" fries. It screws us up. We're happy to accommodate, but don't lie about it.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I was working at a place that served a 14 course degustation only, there were always dietary requests, not usually a big deal, one night we had a customer who was vegetarian, no dairy, no sugar, no high fructose fruits, and no mushrooms, tomatoes or capsicums, onions or garlic. 14 Courses!!!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I get this every brunch, "I'm on a diet can I have a 6 egg white omelet with cheddar, swiss, bacon and ham? make the bacon extra crispy and may I have a side of hollandaise with that and some white toast, no fresh fruit. Oh yes and I'll have the unlimited mimosas please. Oh, is it okay if I also get the bloody mary's with that, They are practically the same thing, right?"
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Creme brulee. To go.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

yep
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.