Quantcast
ridiculous requests - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Creme brulee. To go.
    I would give them the creme brulee for free. Just charge them $17.50 for the ramekin and $39.95 for the blow torch...

Stefan

Fried california rolls. Sorry we don't make california rolls. Can we have one fried then?
    Soy, wheat, vinegar "allergy" or "I don't like fish on rice" in a sushi place.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Creme brulee. To go.
    We give them the dish and ask them to bring it back. Most do.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Turkey sandwich sub ham, hold the bacon cause they are allergic.

Got a request for a pizza not to have oregano, because of allergy.(we put some on the top and in sauce, mixed with cheese) They then can't have pizza then we put oregano in the sauce. Waitress comes back "They said that's ok".
    Chewie's the man.

3 day long conference in the hotel , one delegate was RAW VEGAN !!!!! 3 day long including breakfast , coffee breaks , lunches ,3 course dinner one night, 7 course degustation dinner another night all frigggin RAW VEGAN... I had really bad ideas of her final dessert which I would have fired for doing it..

my worst request that comes to mind is: Lasagne but could you remove the beef...

And everywhere ive worked that serves occy people ask if its "still alive?" ... I've had waitstaff come in asking on their behalf...

- Had a gluten free, dairy free, vegetrian with stomach ulcers and an intolerance for just about everything on the entire restaurant, hotel - room service and bar/tapas menu, during a 3 course alternate drop...

Sent out an apple (unsliced) and some random nuts i found in the dry store from before i started and told the waitress not to return to her...

She wrote the nastiest write up on her local foodie website/blog... LOL

I don't know if this falls under the category of ridiculous request or ridiculous story but I'll share it. When I was putting myself through school I worked in a hotel kitchen but used to grab all the extra hours I could filling in here and there and one night I found myself working the bar in the hotel lobby. An elderly couple walked in and sat down at a table so I went over and asked them what they would like to drink. The woman said rum and coke and the man said gin-ginger ale. Minutes later I returned to the table, served them their drinks and started to make my way back to the bar but before I made it half way back the woman called me back to the table. When I arrived at the table she pointed to her husband's drink and whispered 'there's alcohol in his drink' to which I responded 'yes miss, he asked for a gin-ginger ale'. Looking a little uncomfortable she responded 'I know but he stutters'.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleq View Post
    I don't know if this falls under the category of ridiculous request or ridiculous story but I'll share it. When I was putting myself through school I worked in a hotel kitchen but used to grab all the extra hours I could filling in here and there and one night I found myself working the bar in the hotel lobby. An elderly couple walked in and sat down at a table so I went over and asked them what they would like to drink. The woman said rum and coke and the man said gin-ginger ale. Minutes later I returned to the table, served them their drinks and started to make my way back to the bar but before I made it half way back the woman called me back to the table. When I arrived at the table she pointed to her husband's drink and whispered 'there's alcohol in his drink' to which I responded 'yes miss, he asked for a gin-ginger ale'. Looking a little uncomfortable she responded 'I know but he stutters'.
    Lol, is this a joke or did this really happen? Sounds almost to good to be true :P

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    guest orders a bowl of soup, moments later server returns asking for it to be reheated because they now want it to go. what da funk?

share some head scratching requests you've experienced.
    I have to admit that I did this once when my wife was pregnant. She got a wave of morning sickness right as the food was coming out. We had to make a hasty exit and asked for everything (including soup) to go. Sorry.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    The whole gluten-free thing is totally out of hand.
    The thing is, we take food allergies seriously. So don't tell us you're allergic to something when you really aren't. Getting all new mise, cutting boards, putting pots of clean oil on the range to cook your "gluten allergy" fries. It screws us up. We're happy to accommodate, but don't lie about it.
    i agree but disagree. I thought the same until I as well have a gluten intolerance. I use to and still hate gluten free people who show up without notice and expect a whole meal catered to them. People who are truly gluten free will typically call ahead or know what they can have. And the ones who bring cards with what they can't have you know are truly allergic.

but i have to tell you if i eat too much gluten i will feel like **** for up to a week, glad i finally figured it out because it sucks.

but we have these people who come in literally every single night and sit at the bar. They refuse to order off the menu, and the Maitre D' allows them to get away with it as well as the owners. Every night is some concoction of food and special sauce. Then about a minute before we close his wife will order something special.

+ Reply to Thread