Quantcast
ridiculous requests - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

The dietary debacle .... I am in two minds.
    I respect people with REAL food allergys and dietary requirements .
    I love cooking for them (with plenty of notice) and supprising them with inventive stuff, not the boring easy options they usually get.
    However.... I $&#%n hate supprize dietary requirements and allergies that disappear at the site of delicious pastry work.
    Functions are the worst , supposed gluten / dairy free refusing to eat their specialy catered painstakingly prepared meal as they want the lemon curd tart... Ahh hh!

So far my favourite wierd requests have all been from lighter lunch menus:

Club sandwhich: no bread
    "There are a few gluten free options on the menu, we also have gluten free bread if you would prefer"
    Answer :" no, club sandwhich ingredients only no bread, arranged nicely"

Wagu burger - no fries side salad instead as they don't want to much fat intake ...
    Wagu burger - no meat , or salad just bun and sauce

House salad - no dressing, no salt , they didn't want almost all of the ingredients.
    The end result was literally a bowl of raw baby spinach and blanched green beans,
    They complained it was bland....

This is a side note but Anyone notice with degustation ,( i used work where you cant get it after 8 on sundays as its a 3-4 hour thing)
    There is always one table that gets the Dego right on the cutoff. leaving 15 very upset kitchen crew who could almost taste after work knockoffs. Luckily I had the first three courses. Pastry would have to wait hours for two people.

We had someone the other night who wanted to remove the rice from their entree and substitute roasted bone marrow instead.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    We had someone the other night who wanted to remove the rice from their entree and substitute roasted bone marrow instead.
    wut.

Expo: "Walking in: Medium Bacon Cheeseburger,86 Burger, 86 Bacon, 86 LTO, 86 Bun sub White Bread toasted."

Me: "It's a ******* Grilled Cheese!!"

Expo: "Oh, walking in a ******* grilled cheese sandwich."
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

^^^^
    I kind of want to frame this post for my pass.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Working a large banqueting event, set menu, dessert was cheesecake.

'Oh, could I have something instead of the cheesecake? I'm allergic to it.'

'Sorry, we have nothing else to offer you, other than a fruit salad.'

'Oh never mind, I'll have the cheesecake then.'

And another;

Guest had ordered a Cesar salad, and then rejected it on the basis it contained anchovies and she was allergic to anchovies. So she ordered a salad with dressing containing anchovies, and then claimed she was allergic to anchovies. I do not have time for these people.

i don't think it's common knowledge that caesar dressing contains anchovies, i bet a lot of people would not order if they knew even though they actually like the dressing because mental stigma is difficult to overcome, especially for stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i don't think it's common knowledge that caesar dressing contains anchovies, i bet a lot of people would not order if they knew even though they actually like the dressing because mental stigma is difficult to overcome, especially for stupid people.
    Agreed, most people wouldn't know that Cesar dressing contains anchovies, if I was allergic to anchovies I would take a bit more interest in what does contain anchovies.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    The whole gluten-free thing is totally out of hand.
    The thing is, we take food allergies seriously. So don't tell us you're allergic to something when you really aren't. Getting all new mise, cutting boards, putting pots of clean oil on the range to cook your "gluten allergy" fries. It screws us up. We're happy to accommodate, but don't lie about it.

Lol this sounds like my day everyday. I get worst allergy request ever. One family. Asked for onion, alcohol, mushroom, salt, garlic, pepper, dairy, egg, gluten, shellfish , citric acid allergy And they had to be very very Vip. And there were 11 of them. Damn Disney why do u have to harbor so many millionaires to come to my restaurant on a weekly basis..
    Oh and they did not liked to food cooked raw if possible.

Wtfffffffff

Ended up making vegan lasagna, watermelon ceviche, salads galore , sorbets as dressing for salads cuz they didn't want too much vinegar and they ate at my restaurant 6 days in a row I ran out of ideas in so quickly jezzzzzzzz

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    you prob. was the only place that catered to what they asked for.
    Chewie's the man.