Quantcast
ridiculous requests - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ridiculous requests

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    We got to the point where we ask every reservation if they have any dietary requirements. It helps alot, we have a very limited menu, and have very little produce "lying around" so it can be difficult to put something together on the fly. If we have notice we will do whatever we can to accommodate any dietary needs.
    Really ? I thought that was just in the USA. Us Aussies have more sense than that.

Quote Originally Posted by rami_m View Post
    Really ? I thought that was just in the USA. Us Aussies have more sense than that.
    I haven't had to deal with this much of fake allergies or preferences in US , like the vegetarians who just eat the fish despite the vegetarian tasting menu you prepped just for them or cucumber peel allergy ,but I had more ridiculous requests that I had to accommodate in US , at least here I get to say NO lot more easier and more often and without getting into trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

ridiculous requests

You know. I love my food. Just never Thought about how much **** you guys deal with. So please consider my thanks . Now we return to your scheduled programming.

cucumber peel? that's a new one..

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    cucumber peel? that's a new one..
    Yes , it was quoted "when the cucumber is chopped up it is fine but if not peeled it will cause an irritation " seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

How about: "Bearnaise without the tarragon" Hollandaise? "No, I like Bernaise but I'm allergic to tarragon"
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Customer: 'Where's the meat with my steak fries?'
    Server: '?'
    Customer: 'I thought they had steak inside them?'
    Me:
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I have a few hamburgers listed on our casual restaurant's menu. The first one is a plain burger but lists the beef as "8 Ounces of Certified All Natural Angus Beef". The rest of the burgers are "specialty" burgers that just list the house made toppings. Like the "Greek Burger" with tomato-onion jam, feta cheese and cucumber slaw, or the "Mushroom-Swiss Burger" with balsamic roasted portobello and gruyere cheese, etc, etc. Stuff like that, you get the idea. Had a customer last month ask the server if the "specialty" burgers had meat in them since it wasnt written on the menu. Um, how did you live this long?

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Customer: 'Where's the meat with my steak fries?'
    Server: '?'
    Customer: 'I thought they had steak inside them?'
    Me:
    Maybe he thought steak with fries. At least that's what I tell myself. :smacks head:

We have this thing where you can add seared scallops to certain dishes. Loved this chit that said:

1 Cauli
    Mod: add scallops
    Mod: scallops on side, shellfish allergy

I mean I get it...they wnated to share it...but still hilarious chit.