11/14 New Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I have a lot of new blocks just came back from getting stabilized by K&G.
There is a good mix of really nice pieces.
As I get the new blocks added to the store I will post a group photo in this thread.
I will be posting new blocks all day so you might want to check back once in a while.

This group is some very nice, bold figured Redwood. A couple are burl and the others are just really bold and unusual figure. And...they are inexpensive. Click on the photo to go to the section of the store where these blocks are located.

There was a handful of Buckeye Burl in this batch that I just finished adding to the store.

Spalted Tan Oak Burl blocks just added.

Spalted Hawaiian Mango Blocks just added.

Just added some stabilized Myrtlewood Blocks. Myrtle does not have much of a weight gain when stabilized so they are good when you need a lighter weight handle material.

Ok, my first burl purchase is about to happen. I was looking at a piece and was like...that ones gotta be sold or $90, nope... oh boy!

And This my friends is the very reason you build A Nice Dog House ! <Grins>

Sam

might need to get me some for my custom hmmmmmmmmm I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not

I got the 3rd one down from the right side of the redwoods. It reminds me ov velvety chocolate waves. MMmm deliciousness.

Ok. I should stay out of this thread until I get a second job and start selling myself on the corner during after hours. :D

If you don't mind me asking what are you going to use the Redwood burl you got for?

No. I like the handles on my three favorite knives, nothing else matters right now. Ideally ill get a badboy blank from Kato or Takeda and get a handle built for that out of it. Why?

I was just wondering man...that is a nice piece of wood was seeing if you had a custom on the horizon

Back