White Truffles 50% Off

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It only lasts until 1PM PST today, but Sabatino Tartufi is having 50% off on white truffles. It will still be expensive and shipping costs suck, but it does a bit of the bite out.

The code is: FIFTYOFF.

k.

Edit: I actually tried the code for black truffles too and it worked, even though the site says it is for white truffles. 2 oz. of black truffles with truffle shaver costs about $50. Shipping (for example to MN) costs $32 for 2nd day.

I can not tell you firsthand how long they last as I have only used them before and never OWNED them per se...Let's say they make everything taste that much better and in my opinion are really worth it...In my experience the black is a lot more truffley/mushroomy however you want to say it. I prefer white rather than black but that is just my personal preference...

Also forgot to add that A LITTLE goes a LONG WAY

A little more info--I just called with some questions. For the sale, they would ship today, and recommend overnight. The woman I talked to said they should not be kept in the shipping packaging, but that they should last for close to a week.

Paul Bocuse's truffle soup is to die for. Here is the recipe:

'

Damn. Truffles and fois gras in the same soup. sounds ridiculously delicious and super expnsive.

What are people's favorite dishes for both white and black?

I see they also have some black burgundy available.

I like making chicken liver pate with black truffles. MMMMMMMMM

What are people's favorite dishes for both white and black?

truffle lasagne. one white, one black, one white, one black, one white.....

Yay! A big white ball of goodness headed my way. Some nice risotto with shaved truffle on it--perfect for the cool November evenings

I only ordered one ounce of white, but I regretted not ordering a couple ounces of black too. I read that one thing to do is shave the black and tuck it under chicken skin while roasting.

I'm just going to do a risotto and any remnants will be used in eggs the next morning. I called them and even though I only paid for 2 day shipping, they are overnighting it, so I will get it Saturday.

k.

Sadly mine will sit at a USPS facility and be delivered Monday. I hope that does not mess them up too much. Only went for 1/2 oz of white though, and am trying 2 oz of black.

I'm too late for the sale, but I'd be curious to know how they are. I've tried white truffles from a couple of different US purveyors before, and felt that they never held a candle to the ones I had in Italy.

I like them over simple fresh tagliatelle or risotto.

Back