Anyone else here do self-measurements?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Who here does some kind of self-measurement and tracking? Health-related, performance-related, etc? And if you do, what benefits have you found from doing so?

For the past 2-1/2 months now I've been tracking my weight & bodyfat % (as measured by an ultrasound device). I just recently started tracking things like my hours of sleep, time from wakeup to breakfast, and whether I'm taking my supplement pills. I'm also tracking how much clear liquid I'm drinking, approximately how much protein, dairy and carbs I'm taking in. And I just received my blood pressure monitor today.

I have used a pedometer app on my phone for a while now, but I never do anything with that data.

If I could quantify my work performance, I would. If I could quantify my knife skills and the quality of the meals I prep, I would do that too :) (Actually, maybe I can do that latter one by asking for ratings out of 10 whenever I have guests...)

I track all kinds of metrics for cycling: speed, distance, time, temp, heartrate, cadence (pedaling rate), etc. I mainly use it to keep myself honest + objective about my workouts. I've also been surprised at the difference between my subjective evaluations and the objective ones...in both directions, in fact.

I track all kinds of metrics for cycling: speed, distance, time, temp, heartrate, cadence (pedaling rate), etc. I mainly use it to keep myself honest + objective about my workouts. I've also been surprised at the difference between my subjective evaluations and the objective ones...in both directions, in fact.
That would have been my answer. I don't keep track of any other measurements outside of cycling.

I lift weights alot and
Track my lift totals as well as calories while I am gaining and losing weight. Its nice to have a goal to keep yourself going.

Back