Japanese Knives Jin Yanagiba after honbadzuke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
1425241_10151829677433860_1268697391_o.jpg

1397004_10151829677428860_20464680_o.jpg

Just shipped this one out... thought you guys might like to see pics first though

That looks amazing! I always thought the Jins looked like their bevels weren't as wide as a lot of other makers. Are they a little shallow and would that be a trade off for something specific?

These knives have been calling my name ever since I first saw them on your site. Everything about them seems unique. I keep telling myself I don't need another yanagi but when you post pictures like that it makes it very difficult to resist!

That looks amazing! I always thought the Jins looked like their bevels weren't as wide as a lot of other makers. Are they a little shallow and would that be a trade off for something specific?

there are many different ones we have... some with wider bevels and some with more narrow bevels... somehow they each suit the blade well. These are knives that need to be selected to suit each person, not something that can be picked up on a whim

That last one looks to have a thick jigane, am I seeing that correctly?

Is that Tony LeDuc's book, I spy? Those knifes look amazing.

You are a god damn artist when it comes to sharpening single bevel knives, well played Jon!

@edipisreks it is indeed... his food photography since 1985. Badass book.

The jigane is a bit less thick on this one to be honest.

@edipisreks it is indeed... his food photography since 1985. Badass book.

The jigane is a bit less thick on this one to be honest.

I meant hagane, my mind is scrambled today. :slap head:

I so badly want a Jin, such gorgeous knives.

Oh my god, the sheer 'simplicity / simple look' of these knives makes me want to buy stuff I don't need.

Latest posts

Back