Anyone Have a Good White Truffle Risotto Recipe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone recommended a simple mire poix vegetable broth when using white truffles, but I am now looking for a risotto recipe.

I think I might get a nice champagne for the wine.

k.

Well, I got a couple of PM tips and one from another forum. Then I found a recipe in The French Laundry Cookbook that I mostly used as my basis. As most T. Keller stuff goes, it turned out amazing.

I first made a simple veggie stock using carrots, leeks, celery and mushrooms and a little bit of other stuff. The risotto had some Keller touches to it (as usual). After the rice was done he worked in some butter, and then he adds some hand-whipped cream mixed with salt and parm. It came out really creamy -- as you'd expect.

Anyhow, it was really good and the truffle was a tasty addition. Best risotto I have made. I also prepared a shaved zucchini salad to accompany it. And the wine was a 2003 L'Ermitage Brut Roederer Estate sparkling.

Very good meal, and the tiny baby man also had some.

k.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

Wait, you have those truffles, and your worried about making a good risotto? Looks like a great dinner, even the critic looks happy, great stuff K.

Keller is one of the few whose recipes I follow step by step.

The only things I didn't follow in his recipe was dividing the cooking process into two parts. He has you stop mid-way through and refrigerate the rice for several hours. I also didn't use truffle oil in the whipped cream and substituted shallots for the onion.

k.

I basically follow kellers technique as well. Most important part is to butter it out before you serve it and make sure its super creamy. Yummm. On a side note, been doing some rizzo with a table spoon of beet puree for a starch for tofu lately. Works wonderfully.

Back