Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stainless damascus ring.

Good morning guys! This first batch was a test run and they are all spoken for.

Based on the response here and on FB I think this is worth doing a batch. So Im gona start a list.

Im thinking the price point for a mans ring will be 200.00 and 175.00 for the ladys sizes.

On the next round I plan to use a different pattern for the damascus. something a little bolder so more damascus look shows through. and may not do the san mai and do solid damascus.

Any comments will be considered. Current timeline would be spring 2014. In a perfect world I would get 25 to 50 pre orders. Yet Im not sure yet how I want to do this. So Im not announcing another pre buy quite yet.

Again, Thanks for checking out the thread. comments and input welcomed

God Bless
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

rings

Hobbyist Craftsman
    Great job Randy, that's a really nice ring. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Thanks Yep The more I think about it.. The more I think doing a batch of these is in order. Stay tuned for another PRE BUY!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy, I am very much interested, hopefully I can convince my Wife to let me get away with no ring until then.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

better images
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rings take 2 032 (1024x684).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	20279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rings take 2 033 (1024x684).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	20280  

Availible Knives

Randy, about how much do these weigh? I've beaten the crap out of my mokumegane band in the kitchen....it would be nice to have something more durable.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Those look awesome as is Randy, I wouldn't mess with them. Just my two cents.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Randy, about how much do these weigh? I've beaten the crap out of my mokumegane band in the kitchen....it would be nice to have something more durable.

The large mens is about .4oz. and should be much more durable then most mokum

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Randy, I am very much interested, hopefully I can convince my Wife to let me get away with no ring until then.
    Pete. Awesome.

Stay tuned. Ill start a thread and pre buy this week.

Availible Knives