Quantcast
anybody know about electric bills and who i am gonna murder?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody know about electric bills and who i am gonna murder?

anybody know about electric bills and who i am gonna murder?

ok so does anybody know anything bout electric meters and the like....i just got my bill from jcpl and it was 920 dollars...im gonna f'in kill someone.....it said i used 7,085 kWh....the only other bill i can find right now is spetembers which i used 1847.....which still seems high....i live in a very small house...i have central air...a pool....i dont leave all my lights and tvs on all day...i feel like i barely use any electricity....can my meter be busted....is someone breaking into my backyard and spinning my meter by hand!!!!!!/????????.......*** is going on.....i am gona kil someone.....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

ouch!!

nothing changed? take a photo of the meter quick..and email somebody. i bet someone misread the meter...call them, they get curious when things take a huge jump like that as well.

you recently get a "smart meter"?

Do you have a heat pump? If so and it's using the auxilliary resistance strip heaters, that can run your bill sky high in a hurry. Check your thermostat and make sure it's not set to "emergency heat."
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

You can also take a look at your meter and see if the reading on the bill agrees with the meter.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Ryan, JCP&L are notorious for estimating bills. Does it say estimated or actual on your statement? Believe me, you ain't the only one who wants to kill them. I've considered it many times.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

New grow lights?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    New grow lights?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    haha you would have to be running a big operation for that

not like i have done it or anything LOL

The meter is easy to read....just get the "actual" read off it.....human error is common on a read.....

I called and my actual meter read was still high. Really high. They're going to investigate it. Yeah right. They'll probably say I owe more. What I don't get is a turn off all my lights never leave any of them on. My heat is barely on. I'm not running my pool anymore. I don't have anything else on than normal everyday usage. How could it more than triple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !