Contest - Drawing on 12/1 - Win $100 In-Store Credit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I haven't done a contest in a while so here is a new one.
The prize is a $100 in-store credit that you can use to get handle material to be used on a new custom, a re-handle or just because you like how the wood looks.

Here is how you enter the contest.
You can enter once by guessing what type of woods the blocks in the photo are.
You can enter again by posting a joke or a funny story.
You can enter again if you know another good joke.

On 12/1/13 I will use a random number generator to select the winning post number.
As an example; if you guessed what the wood types are or posted a joke, and the number from the random number generator is the same number as the post number for your entry, then you are the winner. You don't have to be smart or funny, just lucky.

These are the blocks that you need to guess what types of wood that they are. I sent them in to be dyed and stabilized and when they came back I said to myself "what in the heck is that?". Eventually I figured them out. But let's see if you can guess what they are.

002_zps39c06818.jpg

Dammit! first to post never wins anything!

(does that count as a funny?)

Really though, it's not as fun when we dont get any feedback for a while on what the woods are...

Koa, Redwood, Rosewood, Silky oak

The first two look like oak, the last one looks like silky oak, and I have no idea what the third to last one is. I'll guess redwood burl.

I think the 3rd one could be dyed buckeye and the 4th kinda looks like black palm.

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 ate 9... (Hey its cute when your nephew thinks it is the funniest thing he has ever heard)

And the Affordable Care Rollout... I would say it has turned into a joke.

Q: Why did the forgetful chicken cross the road?

A: To get to the other side -- er, no -- to go shopping -- no, not that either -- damn it.

L to R: Maple, Redwood, Myrtle Wood, Silky Oak

What do you call a nosy pepper?

Jalapeno Bizness!

A snail bought a car, because he wanted to go fast. He had an S painted on the side. Now whenever he zooms past, people say "look at that S-car go!"

Back