Quantcast
For Trade: 240 Rader Semi Custom 52100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Trade: 240 Rader Semi Custom 52100

For Trade: 240 Rader Semi Custom 52100

I bought this about a month ago in unused condition for $650. I used it for maybe half an hour of light prep/performance testing. Touched up edge lightly on Red Aoto to see how it feels on the stone. Incredibly impressed by this knife. We all know Rader knives are pretty but I must stress that this knife is a very strong performer and is begging to be used and appreciated. I just don't reach for 240's and am finally coming to terms with that fact.

I do get a little nervous when using knives over the $600 mark so I am very open to partial trades on this one.

What I like to use. Gyuto's with edge length from 250-270mm. I value grind quality over any specific steel or handle type. I also have a slight fetish for 170-180mm gyutos or 'travel knives'. Big fan of the old 'Je ne sais quoi' which this Rader has in spades.

Sorry, no lasers or Katos.

Open to any maker from the forum especially Mario, Marko, really any of them.

Non Forum Makers I find interesting would be Heiji, Shigefusa and maybe Watanabe etc.

I love surprises but please don't assume I will know the value of the knife being offered.

Sorry for phone camera pics. I will try and track down some better shots of this one.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Little more info..

Dark Maple Burl and Curly Maple handle with G-10 End Cap
    60-61 HRC. (Tripple Quenched, Cryo trated & tripple tempered)
    Froced Rader mustard patina.
    Tapers nicely

Height 55.19mm
    Spine at heel 2.52
    0.65 behind the edge mid knife.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Man, that is a cool looking dude. Me likey

Why, now? Why?!?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I might be persuaded to trade straight up for a Mario or Marko. And I place a high value on handles by Dave Martell. Just throwing it out there. Or a Shige with a Keller handle?

If this Rader was an inch longer you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

Is this the one I sold last month?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    Is this the one I sold last month?
    Nope, I just used it today to make dinner

This one looks exactly like one I bought from you. Great knife.

the 240 Heijis are close to 250 on edge. If you're interested, perhaps we could trade knives for a little while. I have both carbon and semi-stainless basically new Heijis

@Chuck239 - I thought it might have been the one from your fire sale when I snagged your Martell. But the previous owner bought this one new. There were so few of these made that it is kind of crazy that two have come up so close to each other.

@Edipis - I am attempting to preserve the chastity of this beauty for its 'forever home'. But the offer is appreciated and noted. Thanks.

Ugh.... I got a mario 240 though, marko 265, shig 270 with a keller handle. Why you gotta call me out with this Rader? Looks like a great knife, good luck picking up something cool in a trade, I'm sure it won't be hard to get rid of that knife.