Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technique and Cutting Boards

Maybe cause there are poly boards and Poly boards?

I agree with the sound issue, I can't say for sure one way or another about edge longevity as I rarely use a poly board, but I hate hearing the sound compared to my end grain boards. I've never used a sani-tuff but I can bet I would have to change technique a little bit. Every once and again I'm too heavy handed on the end grain board and the knife gets stuck just a tad in the board. Not enough to stay there, but enough to throw off a cutting rhythm if you're in one.
    - Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Every once and again I'm too heavy handed on the end grain board and the knife gets stuck just a tad in the board. Not enough to stay there, but enough to throw off a cutting rhythm if you're in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    I agree with the sound issue, I can't say for sure one way or another about edge longevity as I rarely use a poly board, but I hate hearing the sound compared to my end grain boards. I've never used a sani-tuff but I can bet I would have to change technique a little bit. Every once and again I'm too heavy handed on the end grain board and the knife gets stuck just a tad in the board. Not enough to stay there, but enough to throw off a cutting rhythm if you're in one.
    I admit, my 210 gyuto and my Carter funayuki have gotten pretty deep in my board once or twice!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com