Waiting List & Pricing
This subject keeps coming up for me and I'm not at all comfortable with it but it is what it is and I have to deal with it regardless.
Iíve discovered that it takes a considerable amount of time to make a top quality kitchen knife, much more time than I would have ever thought. I work fast but some tasks simply require their due diligence and at this point in time itís become clear that I (once again) have to make a choice to either cut corners to speed up the process, thus reducing quality, or to continue on as Iíve been doing and raise our prices to cover the costs of making a quality product. Iím not much for cutting corners so in an effort to be able to continue producing Martell knives I have to raise our pricing in the near future and possibly again by the summer time.
Our current pricing can be seen hereÖ.
Gyuto & sujihiki prices will increase (now) by $75
Nakiri & Thai chefís will increase (now) by $25
I wanted to offer the chance to lock in todayís pricing by getting on our waiting list and applying a 50% deposit at this time. If you're not interested or canít, thatís OK Ė you can still get on my waiting list if you want to.
To be clear - No deposit is required to get on my waiting list, a deposit will only be taken if you want to lock in today's pricing.
I'm trying to be as fair as I can while continuing to cover the operating expenses and demand for the product.
If youíd like to lock in todayís pricing just let me know, I'll get you on the list and Iíll send you a Paypal invoice straight away.
Thanks for your understanding and continued support.
Sorry, I didn't have pricing listed for 270mm gyutos....
The cost for a 270mm gyuto is currently $525. It will be raised to $600
How bout a no handle 270?
I can do that.
Originally Posted by mhenry
Today is the last day, the pricing will change tomorrow.
Thanks to all of you who made the purchase.