D. Martell Waiting List & Pricing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
This subject keeps coming up for me and I'm not at all comfortable with it but it is what it is and I have to deal with it regardless.

I’ve discovered that it takes a considerable amount of time to make a top quality kitchen knife, much more time than I would have ever thought. I work fast but some tasks simply require their due diligence and at this point in time it’s become clear that I (once again) have to make a choice to either cut corners to speed up the process, thus reducing quality, or to continue on as I’ve been doing and raise our prices to cover the costs of making a quality product. I’m not much for cutting corners so in an effort to be able to continue producing Martell knives I have to raise our pricing in the near future and possibly again by the summer time.

Our current pricing can be seen here….
http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningstore.com/Dave-Martell-Knives-s/126.htm

Gyuto & sujihiki prices will increase (now) by $75

Nakiri & Thai chef’s will increase (now) by $25

I wanted to offer the chance to lock in today’s pricing by getting on our waiting list and applying a 50% deposit at this time. If you're not interested or can’t, that’s OK – you can still get on my waiting list if you want to.

To be clear - No deposit is required to get on my waiting list, a deposit will only be taken if you want to lock in today's pricing.

I'm trying to be as fair as I can while continuing to cover the operating expenses and demand for the product.

If you’d like to lock in today’s pricing just let me know, I'll get you on the list and I’ll send you a Paypal invoice straight away.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Regards,
Dave

Sorry, I didn't have pricing listed for 270mm gyutos....

The cost for a 270mm gyuto is currently $525. It will be raised to $600

Today is the last day, the pricing will change tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you who made the purchase. :doublethumbsup:

Dave

Back