Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best restaurant in the world, Noma - Pictures

On one hand this kind of food always fascinates me because of its ceativity and unusual thinking, on the other hand, I always crave meat loaf with gravy and mashed potatoes whenever I look at pictures of these creations for a few minutes...

Stefan

Loved the intrior but have no clue what to do with the food. I'm not a haute foodie, I like fresh local and simple But I LOVE the looks of the place

On June 9th, last Thursday my wife took me to Alinea here in Chicago for my birthday. It was rated 6th best restaurant in the world and I will be posting pictures and a short review on what I thought. Needless to say, it was something similar to Noma in terms of food and was interesting to say the least. Hopefully either the end of tonight or tomorrow I will post my pics and thoughts on Alinea.

Thanks for sharing the link to the pictures as I was very curious as to what the dishes at Noma really looked like. These restaurants can be very fun but at the same time very pretentious and from the looks of Noma, it is anything but pretentious.

I think it was great for you to get and eat in the restaurant where chefs having dead taste buds.
    Makes me think how great team spirit is in that kitchen where all he knows about flavour is what he can smell and his chefs would tell him. Loads of trust, on that level. Great.
    Its definitely a place to visit

Quote Originally Posted by riverie View Post
    Thanks for the link, beautiful..... So it's not el bulli or fat duck anymore ?
    Well, about 1 month and no more El Bulli though. That will move a lot of restaurants up one spot.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    On June 9th, last Thursday my wife took me to Alinea here in Chicago for my birthday.
    I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on Alinea. I went about a year and a half ago and really enjoyed it, but I like all types of restaurants -- that serve good food. Sometimes I like to be fascinated like Alinea, but I also love the places that serve more comforting/casual food too. With that said, about a half year ago I went to Paul Bocuse's restaurant outside of Lyon and loved that, so even gilded, over-the-top French can make me happy. For me it's like wine. I like all colors and (almost all) grapes as long as they are part of a good wine. They all have their place in my belly when the time is right.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

The only time I ever went to a Michelin Star restaurant I was ill after it. Fancy food doesn't agree with me it appears despite being a chef

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    On one hand this kind of food always fascinates me because of its ceativity and unusual thinking, on the other hand, I always crave meat loaf with gravy and mashed potatoes whenever I look at pictures of these creations for a few minutes...

Stefan
    What? You dont fancy chicken curry Adria's style? With chicken as a liquid and solid sauce?

Is it expensive? How much is a burger, fries, and a Coke?

I had the pleasure of meeting Noma's chef Rene Redzepi in NYC. I was at an event and he was demoing his food. I was blown way! His philosophy regarding ingredients and his relationship with his purveyors seemed to be over the top. Noma is a restaurant that to me is much like elbulli,in the sense that the style of thinking and level of execution pushes the bounndaries and forces chefs globally to rethink the game. Number 1 restaurant or not, after the demo I wanted to eat there.