Thread: Two-Tone Magnetic Strips

Two-Tone Magnetic Strips

I sometimes find really nice wood that is not in the thickness suitable for making a one-piece mag strip. Thinking of using a veneer from this wood in the front and the back of the strip, and pairing it with contrasting wood for a nice, contrasting effect. Thoughts?

Most of the cool stuff I find is maple - birdseye, tiger, quilted, and extra-dark walnut would work very well for contrast.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think that's a cool idea. I've thought about making a mag strip with a few strips laminated on the face. One of like racing stripes.

I am going to make a prototype and see how it turns out.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I like this idea. Looking forward to pictures.

I think it is a great idea. Like they do with solid body guitars tops.
    Maybe a super thin piece of dark material in between like a liner to give a contrasting outline.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store