• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/ Cris Anderson gyuto-hiki mizu honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
I wrote a review about this knife a few months ago. I was very impressed considering Cris had made only a handful of kitchen knives. He nailed it. Based on some feedback Cris made some adjustments and turned it into a more refined beauty. He made it for a friend of his but, it fell through and he offered it to me and I jumped at it. It is a supreme cutter and has a badass hamon. Cris makes all of his knives by hand with a hammer and anvil and a homemade heat treat oven. I do believe this is hammered out of 2" thick W2 drill rod from Aldo. Here are the Specs, Cris sent me with the knife. Jump on this because his prices are just going to get higher, Just like Will Catchsides.lol $500. conus shipping included.

Blade Specs:
Handle-Stabilized buckeye burl, nickle silver and stabilized box elder spacer.
Balance point (with handle) - ferrule/handle junction

Blade weight - 90g
Blade length - 205mm
Heel height - 37.9mm

Thickness 1cm above edge:
Heel - 1.19mm
Midblade - 1.18mm
5cm from tip - 1.02mm
Where 1cm meets the spine - .83mm

Thickness 2cm above edge:
Heel - 1.99mm
Midblade - 1.95mm
5cm from tip - 1.21mm
Where 2cm meets the spine - 1.19mm

Thickness at spine:
Over heel - 2.28mm
Midblade - 2.27mm
5cm from tip - 1.21mm
1cm from tip - .54mm
Handle Specs:

Handle weight - 61g
Handle length - 137mm (5 3/8")

Width at ferrule - 18.9mm
Height at ferrule - 19.02mm

Height at butt - 21.43mm
Width at butt - 23.43mm

crisknifenew.jpg

crisknifenew2.jpg

crisknifenew3.jpg

crisknifenew4.jpg

crisknifenew5.jpg

20131117_141004-1.jpg

you can't believe how pretty this thing is in real life. The edge retention on this W2 is ridiculous.It is a pure cutter.

Well, No bites. I'll just wait. I guaranty Cris's knife is a game changer for one of you guys out there. While I wait for that idea to seep in I will post a tried and true friend of well, just about everyone.
270mm Takeda AS gyuto
It needs to have a good session on the stones but, you guys know how to play the game.
Takes a wicked edge , Tall thin and light. Excellent shape
$325 shipped conus. international guys actual shipping.

takeda.jpg

takeda2.jpg

takeda3.jpg

takeda4.jpg

takeda5.jpg

takeda6.jpg

takeda7.jpg

holy **** son! takeda 270! i didnt know you were keeping a hidden secret! damn i want it!

do all the old takedas have some nasty epoxy where the machi goes into the ferrule? neither of mine have that crap

Why are you selling these they are gorgeous?

make room for other toys?

nope, just gotta get out of nyc and get back home and have no dough. Knives are the only thing I have of value right now. Not very many left though.

Back