Quantcast
Something gloriously nerdy : Evangelion + Japanese Katana
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something gloriously nerdy : Evangelion + Japanese Katana

Something gloriously nerdy : Evangelion + Japanese Katana

Yesterday I received a package from Suisin. I wondered what on earth it could possibly be, because I have never gotten anything sent to me from a vendor before. I thought it might be documents to forward to my mother or a new catalog that they accidentally shipped to me instead of the purchasing department manager.

When I opened the package I found this:

Now if you're not familiar, Evangelion is a extremely famous Japanese cartoon/comic that has an ever growing and hardcore fan base.

It was a book of Evangelion weapons turned into Japanese katanas by real Japanese katana craftsmen.

Doubting my eyes, I had to turn to my coworker and confirm that I wasn't hallucinating...
    Although I've never seen it or know much about the series, a few of my coworkers were very excited when I showed them.

I don't know how many of you on the forum like Japanese cartoons, but I thought it was amazing and really fun. I was so happy that our vendor sent it to me (via EMS even). Such a thoughtful gift, but I have no idea how they knew my secret (but not so secret anymore) hobbies. lolol

Anyways thanks for reading. Just wanted to share.

Great gift!
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    That looks like fun, great, I just might get into this cartoon now if it comes with subtitles...who knows, anything mentioned on this website ends up at my house one way or another lol. Mari everyone loves your catalogs BTW!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    That looks like fun, great, I just might get into this cartoon now if it comes with subtitles...who knows, anything mentioned on this website ends up at my house one way or another lol. Mari everyone loves your catalogs BTW!
    It's addictive, go easy.. and there is english dubbed episodes. http://www.dubbedepisodes.org/neon-g...-7-english-dub

Awesome Mari!

I was addicted to Neon Genesis a few years ago. I predict a relapse in the near future...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    So cool.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I was addicted to Neon Genesis a few years ago. I predict a relapse in the near future...
    I'm glad to see some fan here.
    Its so old but there is such a big fan base that they keep making movies and stuff. Pretty cool stuff. I need to sit down and watch it.

I remember watching part of it as a teenager. The abridged is hilarious.

I'm not much of an anime fan, but Evangelion is fascinating on both a story and cultural level. I'd heard of these katanas being displayed in a traveling exhibit. I think it speaks to the cultural relevance that Evangelion still has.

It's right up there with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Great stuff.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky