Quantcast
Something gloriously nerdy : Evangelion + Japanese Katana - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something gloriously nerdy : Evangelion + Japanese Katana

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtis View Post
    I'm not much of an anime fan, but Evangelion is fascinating on both a story and cultural level. I'd heard of these katanas being displayed in a traveling exhibit. I think it speaks to the cultural relevance that Evangelion still has.
    Oh I didn't realize they have them on display. I wonder if they would still be around next year. I'd be curious to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by eshua View Post
    I remember watching part of it as a teenager. The abridged is hilarious.

I believe it's running in Tokyo until the end of the year.

http://www.eva-and-swords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Oh I didn't realize they have them on display. I wonder if they would still be around next year. I'd be curious to see it.

For more similarly nerdy stuff, you should check out Man At Arms Mari, I saw a video linked to youtube off of this site. The guy makes weapons from tv shows, movies and videogames into full sized weapons, I got stuck on his youtube video loop one night, was pretty cool, and sort of similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    For more similarly nerdy stuff, you should check out Man At Arms Mari, I saw a video linked to youtube off of this site. The guy makes weapons from tv shows, movies and videogames into full sized weapons, I got stuck on his youtube video loop one night, was pretty cool, and sort of similar to this.
    So~ I spent most of last night watching that channel after you recommended it. lol Its was so cool. Thanks for sharing!

+ Reply to Thread