Japanese Knives New Series from Kochi- Kurouchi Stainless Clad Carbon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
This is something we've had in the works for a while, and finally got in stock today... expect to see them on the website soon...

They are kurouchi stainless clad with a very finely grained, very pure carbon core...

They will be priced from $260-$310 depending on size

1398626_10151838784738860_38074146_o.jpg

Those look like different profiles than the previous Kochis. Look good!

Looks amazing already itching to get one lol

They look good. I'm tempted by the 210mm...I've got a thin gyuto and while I love thin edges, a more substantial spine would be welcome too. Do these have similar cross section to the earlier offerings?

we're shooting photos tomorrow or the next day, barring any unforeseen circumstances

Does Sara know that you are calling her child an "unforeseen circumstance"? :D

Be well,
Mikey

Just curious, what are some of the differences between these and your Gengetsu line? (beyond cladding)

here are a couple of side by side comparison shots (we're still planning on doing real product photos today)...

Kochi 240mm Wa-Gyuto Side-By-Side comparison- Kurouchi V2 vs Kurouchi Stainless Clad Carbon

1400330_10151840484423860_1765694997_o.jpg

1412571_10151840492908860_373934967_o.jpg

That looks great. I like the way the kurouchi was done on the stainless. Can't wait to see the official shots.

These photos are now done... i will officially put these up for sale in just a few hours (when i get up again). I have a feeling they are going to sell out super fast, so we already ordered more ;)

Beautiful addition to the Kochi line! Is the blade height for the stainless clad a tad shorter than than the V2, or is just an optical illusion?

any plan sale Kochi Stainless Clad Kiritsuke-Shaped Wa-Gyuto in future??

How does edge retention compare to V2?

should be close... should be a bit easier to sharpen, and take a slightly finer edge too

I'll be in line for one but the shopping cart system still doesn't have my country listed for a shipping quote.

I mentioned earlier about the cross section...are the new ones as thin BTE as the older ones? The choil/heel shots of the new ones give a beefier impression, but that could be optical illusion.

Back