Possible Group Buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Guys, as you all know, I'm now making shaving brushes, and I have a brush fetish. For you face-latherers (to hold you over until I get more done) :D I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in a group buy on Rooney Stubby 1 brushes, in Super Badger. For those of you who know - Rooney is the...well, they're damn good!

I'd need to gather funds beforehand, but I can very likely get together 10 of these FANTASTIC brushes, and with the group buy price of $200, all in! These brushes are usually sold out, highly coveted and sell for $230, plus shipping, at normal price.

The dimensions on these badboys are a face-latherers dream: 25mm x 45mm knot, with 85mm total height.

Let me know if this peaks any interest, and I'll make it happen!

DA5A5687-79E7-468D-A39D-5D048088021F-3621-000004A41ABF2ADD_zpse82882c8.jpg

I can also make the Rooney Stubby 2 happen. Here it is:

130FB346-AA60-4BC2-8052-F9641DC96CF2-3621-000004A7423ED904_zps9cb0c2f4.jpg

30mm x 50mm (90mm overall height). Same story. Hard to get. Amazing. Big badass face-latherer!

Price on this is $250, all in with a regular price of $280 plus shipping.

Thanks, guys!

As an owner of an R.A Rooney 1/1 stubby brush i will say that out of the 5 brushes i own its the most used and has NEVER shed on me... its a solid lifter and perfect latherer

The only two brushes I ever had were a $7 synthetic from the corner store which fell apart on me last week and a boar brush which I dont like too much. These are something to aim for in the distant future.

How does this compare to the Chubby? I am in the market for a xmas gift and was thinking a Chubby 2 in Best for face lathering. Still on my first brush, so don't know too much about what is out there. Any chubby brush owners care to chime in on rooney vs simpson?

Skiaji: I'm not sure whether it not you're a pure face-latherer, or an occasional bowl guy, etc. however, I can offer this up, having used Simpsons brushes (not the Chubby), and the Rooney Stubby 1 (not the 2).

Simpsons are world class, fantastic brushes with (in general)a reputation for having medium density knots, of very nice hair. I love, and I mean love a great Simpson Brush! With that being said, they have their quirks (funny stamping, more splay, and occasionally, they shed). However, Simpson is a company that stands by their product and I have a direct link to them, and if an issue arises (which it shouldn't) I could contact the appropriate person and make it right - even if I didn 'r sell it, very likely. That likely wouldn't happen, as their products are world class, but with the Internet, you 'll find pundits who have issues with them, likely because of one bad experience, or who knows what.

The Rooney Stubby 1 is a short brush with crazy tips and a very dense knot. Both are face-latherers dreams that massage the face, but Rooney Super knots are essentially scritch free. You will also find that Rooney hhas less "haters", but that could very well be a result of them being slightly less easily available and I can't think of a negative snowball effect having occured...yet (it's inevitable with the Internet being what it is). Rooneys are great, and these particular brushes have short and shortish knots, respectively (Stubby 1 and 2), with density and very soft face feel. An opportunity arose for these brushes, and I thought I'd see if anyone was interested. I can make a group buy with only five brushes, but anything less, and the price can't be as nicely discounted, unfortunately. Another brush that I can include (the savings won't be as nice, but still there) is the Rooney Beehive 1 and 2, which have nice lofts, knots, and quality.

I am an exclusive hard soap face latherer, so this appeals to me. My current brush is an Omega Best badger, and I find the scritch a bit more than I would like. I am interested in a soap face latherer that won't splay too much, that is dense, soft, and a pleasure to use. This sounds like something I'd be interested in. Consider me interested if we can line up enough support. I can always change my xmas list for my wife/santa. :doublethumbsup:

If this doesn't take off, I can make you one with similar traits. The knots I'm using are pretty awesome. Just sayin'. :D

I should also add that I like your style. I'm a soap and face-lather guy, myself.

Back