Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mokume Gane. my wedding ring.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    That's what they're trying to turn me into, Colin. Even In the kitchen, government bureaucracy & red tape prevails!

I've never had single ache or pain working the line; since I got here...two herniated discs (sitting too long), reading glasses (too much computer time), and gained 15#'s (kitchen is a/c'd...not hot enough to melt the fat). Hardly ever see a burn or cut anymore.
    I know the feeling well, it's kind of nice being back on the line these past few months.

I had my Damascus rings will gold liner and rim made by G.PHil Poirier. He is a very well respected maker of rings as well as specialty jeweler's tools. He was great to work with and they were a perfect choice as I am a woodworker and steel lover and my wife is a Doc ,wears gloves and did not want a diamond sticking up. Beautiful work. Highly recommended.

That, sir, is one swanye wedding ring. Delbert will be making mine when I take the time to plan the actual wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Attachment 20451
    Hasn't been off for more than a few minutes in 5 years of pro kitchen environment.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

What happened to the pictures? And what metals did you choose?
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

I finally found the picture of our rings:

There's another piece not pictured that fits into the small one to make a full ring. I gave her half as the engagement ring and used the other half as the wedding ring.

I highly recommend women who don't care about diamonds.

My husband claims that as one of my better qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I finally found the picture of our rings:

There's another piece not pictured that fits into the small one to make a full ring. I gave her half as the engagement ring and used the other half as the wedding ring.

I highly recommend women who don't care about diamonds.
    I would have many more knives if my wife hadn't been into diamonds. Only four more payments, though!

Nothing wrong with diamonds. And how about some diamonds on your knife:

"Simply the best! Lars Scheidler hand forged the blade in 640 layers of Damascus steel and the cutting edge in finest carbon steel. The handle is finished in up to 5,000 year-old bog oak and the collar is made of finest platinum set with 25 precious brilliant-cut diamonds. This beautiful example of master craftsmanship by Nesmuk is presented in a fine piano lacquer coated box. It costs EUR 80,000. That’s why it’s one of the most expensive, if not THE most expensive chef’s knife in the world."
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller