• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S 240mm honyaki gyuto unknown maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianMan

Reaction score
F/S 240mm honyaki gyuto unknown maker. The gyuto is made from white steel number three and is a laser type gyuto. Originally bought from Herald Anderson here
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/924822/

In that thread there is a link to Heralds blog were he explains how he got the blade and the refinish he did on it. There is also a custom redwood handle and saya that comes with( no pin,went missing) the handle and saya are very good, nice and thin saya that is friction fit.
The blade gets very sharp and holds the edge for a long time, great knife just reaching for my 270mm gyutos more and more.

Would like to see $450+ shipping ( shipping for me to the states is around $22)

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977261.623829.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977290.311886.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977316.913765.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977335.592278.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977351.624646.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1384977366.869992.jpg

That is one sweet handle! Oh, and the knife ain't bad either.

Food release is good with the exception of thinly sliced onion or garlic, but then again it's not like it becomes a suction cup. Very thin for a honyaki, glides through everything with ease. I have never used a massamotto ks but from pictures it looks to have the same profile, nice and long flat spot.

You should hit up Huw for a trade for his Carter. Both look like great knives.

I'm pretty sure I had the pleasure of meeting and fondling this pair when Trev and I had a coffee a little while back (well, he drinks tea, but that's besides the point). Harald's work is a little unheralded around these parts(see what I did there?), but only because he's not active on this forum anymore. With that being said - held side by side with Marko's work - it's hard say whose work is cleaner. Marko gets the edge, but not by a huge margin; these are great pieces.

Bump, i will give this one a couple more days before it goes back in my kit. I will not be disappointed if it doesn't sell

Seems like it may come down to that. I guess everyone is broke because of the holiday's

I haven't bought a knife in a long time. The minute I saw it I had to have it. P.M. Sending now!

Back