• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Harner- Nakiri Carpenter XHP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chifunda

Reaction score
For sale is my beloved Harner nakiri. Hate to let it go but my age and circumstances require it.

This is the nakiri I wrote about in my "Harner Nakiri Steel Comparison: Carpenter XHP vs. CPM154" post. My Harner is shown at the top in the link:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...Comparison-Carpenter-XHP-vs-CPM154?highlight=

Of all the knives I have owned, this is the best cutter. Takes an amazing edge and holds it better than any knife should be expected to. I'm embarassed to admit that I don't recall the woods used in the handle but they are stabalized and, as you can see, quite handsome in appearance. The dimensions of the handle are generous and provide an excellent grip in use.

Asking $475 shipped CONUS, payment via PayPal. I think it's a bargain.

Wow that was a quick and awesome sale. Someday the power of a harner nakiri will will be mine! Muahaha..ps has harner ever made any usuba?

He has made single bevel knives before, and his grinds can go stupid thin, but I don't think he's done an usuba, yet. A couple debas, I know for sure, and the sexiest yanagiba I've ever seen. I think this is a challenge! Haha

The image of this nakiri was haunting me at work all night. Hope it comes back around someday...

Like this? :D

image.jpeg

Mine is 210mm, almost like a mini cleaver, and damn it cuts so well. It is also a Carpenter XHP.

Whoever bought this will be pleased.

He's made some pretty substantial "XL" nakiris that could perhaps be considered double bevel usaba or small cleavers...

Well Im thinking my short lived dreams of an usuba will be put off on hold because of this harnakleaver.

Back