Stainless Nakiri - 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have held out making this type for a long time, but finally gave up.

Here you go. 180mm nakiri in AEB-L (170mm on the edge). S grind. The weight with a handle is going to be about 215-225g. 62RC. .1mm thin at the edge. Will use stainless PM#2 going forward mostly because don't have a good source for AEB-L in 3.4mm thickness - my preferred thickness to start from. That's the thickness at the handle, though the spine tapers to 1.9mm at the tip. It's a stiff, a good weight knife.

20131121_084629.jpg

20131121_084509.jpg

What's the height at the heel on this puppy?

I have had numerous requests for nakiri over time, so this type is likely to be included in the line of knives I will make on a regular basis.

This one will have a D handle, but western or hybrid D will be options in a near future.

M

PS: Might give cleaver a try as well.

Ohhhh man. You're basically telling me there are 2 more knives I'm gonna want to get from you :)

Thank you.

It has a slight curve in the half toward the tip. Cleaver is a difficult knife to make (heat treat and grind), so for now I am just making one in my head. Once I am ready, I will give it a try.

M

Sweet!! Nice to know that you will be making these available.

Back