Abundance of slivered almonds

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahimlee54

Founding Member
Reaction score
My neighbor brought over 2 quart Ziploc bags full of roasted slivered almonds. Does anyone have ideas on what to do with those, streusel and green beans are the usual suspects here. Could I make an almond pie with the pecan pie base? I Probably have around 1.5 pounds here so I am open to anything really.

Thanks
Jared

My neighbor brought over 2 quart Ziploc bags full of roasted slivered almonds. Does anyone have ideas on what to do with those, streusel and green beans are the usual suspects here. Could I make an almond pie with the pecan pie base? I Probably have around 1.5 pounds here so I am open to anything really.

Thanks
Jared

they are great on autumn salad's with lets say poached pears and some goat cheese?

How about making a batch of sweet & spicy candied almonds, pesto with almonds instead of pine nuts, granola with almonds or almond brittle?

Pesto was my first thought. You can also make almond milk, almond "flour", or almond brittle

I use ground nuts and nut pastes in curries. usually cashews, but almonds would be a good twist. they go well in recipes with coconut milk. good in stir fries too.

you could make a version of horchata, which is basically very sweet rice or almond milk with cinnamon. makes a great holiday drink!

Oh, and don't forget- cookies! It's getting to be that time of year for holiday cookies!

Holiday cookies and cake came immediately to mind, followed closely by pesto. Play with some and freeze the rest.

"Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't"
Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't!

I'm down with the hand-eaten method. Make a brown sugar simple syrup and glaze those pups with a pinch of cayenne to balance the sweetness: pure awesomeness.

Back