Monster engraved deba for sale!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
This is the deba from the wip thread. it didnt work out with the original owner( too heavy), also the handle.was.damaged during shipping. I made a new handle out of desert ironwood and african blackwood. it comes with a cocobolo saya, and is engraved by me...(first one!) dimesions are as follows
Blade: W2 cutting edge with 1018 laminate cladding, with cherry blossom engraving.
Height: 55.8mm at heel
Thickness: 8.85mm at the heel.
Length: 239mm on edge, 404mm total length.
Handle dimensions
Length: 137.7mm 21/26 at ferrule, 23/29 at the butt.
You can see all the work involved with this knife at http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/10159-Single-bevel-WIP

price is $1000
20131121_005738_zps2826b151.jpg

20131121_005604_zpsea0baffb.jpg

20131121_005626_zps94e54aee.jpg

20131121_005616_zps4b30c258.jpg

OMG someone please buy this before I do something crazy like sell a organ or something to raise the money for it.

hotness

That choil shot is amazing. Monster indeed.

Whoa. This should be moved to the zombie killing thread.

Gorgeous blade. While I have no chance in buying it, just want to hold that thing and thing of the damage I could do lol

Thanks everyone :) i will do a one time price drop. i will do it for $950 and will ship in the US. International to pay actual. Will not drop the price again as this knife took more than any other knife i have made. She is a beast indeed...but a beast in the best of ways ;)

donating plasma, sperm, blood, and leftovers of liver to fund purchase as I type this....what a beast

that knife.. oh sweet baby jesus. and the origional owner said that it was "TOO" heavy?!!!! ITS A SUPER DEBA!

Wish it was salmon season right now, Id catch enough fish in a few days between me n my wife to support this purchase. hot diggety dog. WOOOWWWEEEE

I have cleaned 9 salmon in the last week, my 240 mioroshi looks like a pansy compared to this though.... here I am again looking at this knife.

I believe that I might of just messed myself!!! OMG!!!

For anyone that doesn't know, Mike Davis is a FRICKIN' "BADASS"!!!

If it wasn't the holiday season, I would be cashing in 401K $ rght now.

I wonder how this would perform on poultry? this knife blows my mind. A perfect home defense system?

I have a 240 mioroshi and haven't used it for poultry, not sure why you would, I use a boning knife, or a hankotsu. I don't know why you would use something bigger than your largest gyuto for chickens, I'm not a purist or anything, just don't see the deba for chicken fascination. Maybe it's also because my deba is one of my most used knives, I don't feel the need to use it for usings sake. I really hope next time I look at this knife it's sold, this can't stay up much longer, it's testing my will to not spend my OT.

ok...hate to do it but have to do it. price drop to $900 shipped. Any lower and i will just keep it.

Mike, don't do this, not this month, I swear this knife is freakin laughing at me, it's like it's hungry for salmon flesh.

I'm glad, yet sad, I really wanted this one, but it wasn't in the cards. I have a 240 mioroshi that gets plenty of use for one, but this one was way too beautiful to just sit around here. If the seller ever wants to get rid of this one, or if it doesn't work out, send me a PM. Grats to whoever picked this up, picks are requested of this thing beheading some fish! :viking:

Back