Quantcast
A tough decision to make - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A tough decision to make

misscomunacation somewhere? I Have to wate for a new appointment, the person that I need to talk to had an out of town emergency. Just wish someone from H.R. would have called me.

Well moving books is easy and cheap, it's the space issue of storing them in a typical NYC apartment...

Or you can live in Jersey City which I love and is a lot cheaper and 2400 will get you something nice is so close to the city via path it's like living in the city anyway...

i say flip on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post

Manhattan living ain't cheap though. Last I remember, the only place that was still affordable and somewhat livable was UES above 95th street.
    nOT ANY MORE.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Unfortunately, There is nothing "affordable" left which allows a basic standard of living accustomed to in other parts of the country. I moved out in '11 after 8 years. That being said, if you have not tried it and you have the opportunity you must - I really think this is the one city that has the most way about it, in other words, there is always a way and in my experience the reward can be great.

Living in the city is crazy expensive. $2500 a month will not get you very far unless you dont mind having a roommate Best bet is to look uptown like upper east side or even higher on the west side like Harlem or Washington Heights. Lower East side can be a hit or miss and same with Alphabet City. Yuor other option is to look to the outer boroughs or NJ.

My advice is simple, no matter what industry you are in, having a high profile gig on your resume is never a bad thing. You can always use that to parlay that to something bigger in the future if you dont end up liking it. Not knowing where you are in your career or your financial health (not to be confused with financial wealth) its a tough call for anyone to advise you on a career move.

It's a no brainer.

You'd go crazy.

considering you have enough skills to get hired on to per se straight to soux chef i would think you should be plenty qualified to just own and operate your own establishment. unless you see some finacial backing possibilites happening through your time at per se, why bother? besides youre already 39 years old,which is like a 82 in chef years. what was keller doing when he was 39? learning under other people, or making his own mark?

I'd start looking in Queens. Astoria isn't too expensive.