• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WLTS/T 7" Harner Bullnose

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohbewon

Reaction score
Dang it...I really don't want to, because Butch is a super nice dude, and this blade cuts like a champ. But I do not reach for this in the butcher shop. Some of y'all saw this at the DC Metro show, others have seen pictures here. Carpenter XHP steel, John Deer green micarta handle. The handle has more of a Wa shape, but the knife is full tang. I have to let it go. I need a 210 more than I need this guy. 320 Shipped CONUS. Or, I'd trade for a 210 Ealy gyuto or maybe a Japanese 210 petty/Suji for the line. ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1385370865.334281.jpg

Beautiful knife B, hows the length feel when cutting with it? Does it feel short in use?
(I use an 8" and it feels somewhat short sometimes)

It's a little long for some of my tasks (hangers) and a little short for others. (Whole pigs) it would be ideal for someone who deals a lot in whole ribeyes, strip loins, etc. Medium to large sub-primals. Nothing real small. Because of personal preference, I don't like to use it on large primals. I hate that I do it, but I always reach for a 150mm and 210mm petty when I do. I guess old habits die hard.

I got to see this at the DC Metro show, and Butch did a very nice job on it. And the handle was a big hit. I believe ChucktheButcher has one of these as well.

Come to think of it, $300 sounds a little more fair. I saw one go for $310 not too long ago. So that's $300 shipped in the US.

Man. Every time I see on of Butch's knives all I can look at is the handle. They are soooooo comfortable.

Wow tempting, I really love the look of these but I just wouldn't use it enough. I enjoy my ealy 210 a lot so I hope you get one.

One last bump, and final substantial price drop. 260 shipped. Need the funds for an Ealy I found. :)

Sold! And packaged for shipping tomorrow. Thanks KKF!

Latest posts

Back