Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beef Lust

Nice! I lived in Kansas City for a few years working at The American. Where did the old cdc move to? Much respect to the boys at bluestem. Nice food, decent amount of covers, busy bar, and a small space.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    That's so you have room for dessert, Stefan!
    My current weight goal is to get under 300 pounds. As it is now, there is plenty of room for desert

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Looks beautiful but I always get grumpy when restaurants skimp on the cheap starches. Three (3!) gnocci? Unless there were an extra bowl of gnocci coming with this, I woud grumble...

Stefan
    Lol...there wasn't another bowl. But they also have 4 other courses along with that one.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    Any chance on telling the shallot redux and compressed basil? I'm curious how you made those?

Is that both the shallot red wine on the plate or different sauce?

Looks awesome
    The basil is actually micro spinach. We just put it in ice water and it gets all translucent like that. I don't have my moleskin with me, but i'll grab it when i go in friday and post after service. Its roughly a box of franz, 22 shallot, reduce hard (i usually start it when I go in at 11 and its ready by service. (5) and yeah, both sauces are the red wine/shallot.

The American is no shabby place either, sir. I've heard brilliant things. Were Michael and Debbie there? You might actually have worked with my current cdc. He worked at the American before the laundry. Andrew Longres? Joe West left to open his own place. No news on how that's going. And yes youre right. Very small space. But theyre doing a remodel soon (March) which is making the kitchen open.
    Quote Originally Posted by akross View Post
    Nice! I lived in Kansas City for a few years working at The American. Where did the old cdc move to? Much respect to the boys at bluestem. Nice food, decent amount of covers, busy bar, and a small space.