• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: Konosuke / Ashi Ginga / Misono / Heiji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

The time has come to thin the herd. All prices are shipped and paypal'd in the CONUS. Intl' shipping is negotiable.

PM's will be answered in the order received.

1. Konosuke HD Petty 120mm w/ Konosuke Saya + Pin $120

- Purchased here on B/S/T, very lightly used and in like-new condition. Has not required sharpening, only been lightly stropped. It is an older model sold by JKI, with better F+F. Octagon stabilized ho handle, no scratches on the blade, handle and saya are in like new condition. Comes with box/original packaging.

2. Ashi Ginga #6 Swedish Stainless Cleaver $230

- Catch and release, recently bought this from another forum member to replace a entry-level stainless Chinese cleaver that was a give away to a coworker. It is a fantastic full-size cleaver, thin and light with amazing cutting properties. Haven't sharpened this one either. Took out once for a test drive making a salad for staff meal, thats it. Also in like-new condition, comes with box and all original packaging.

3. Misono Swedish Steel Honesuki 145mm w/ Saya+Pin $90

- Also a recent B/S/T purchase. In very good condition, has a nice patina built up and the saya has been freshly sanded and oiled, fits and looks great. Can polish off patina at buyer request. Right-handed model. No box for this one, unfortunately.

4. Heiji Ikasaki 150mm Iwasaki Swedish Carbon $240

- Yes, you guessed it. Another recent forum purchase, this one came all the way to L.A. from the South Pacific. In excellent condition, has been sharpened by original owner on Jnats to nice kasumi finish and is very sharp. Comes with original friction fit cedar saya and box, burnt chestnut D-shaped handle.

5. Heiji Gyuto Custom 225mm Semi-Stainless $350

- This is a gyuto special ordered direct from Nakaya Heiji, it is thinner than his standard gyuto and measures about 225mm in length at the edge. I do not have a precise caliper, but can take approximate measurements with a cheap caliper and ruler for anyone who is seriously interested in purchasing this knife. Very sturdy, with great weight and balance. It has been my go-to gyuto at work, but has been treated with much love and respect. The blade is in very good condition and does not carry battle scars like those typical of knives seeing use in commercial kitchens. Spine and choil are nicely rounded and very comfy to hold. Comes with original box.

It has only been sharpened once by Jon at JKI, to place a microbevel to prevent the very delicate factory edge from chipping. Has the original friction-fit cedar saya and D-shaped burnt chestnut handle, both in excellent shape. (No stains or funny smells) Being thinner than a normal Heiji gyuto, it avoids a lot (but not all) of the wedging issues people experience with Heiji. It is a tough knife that holds an edge well, while looking rustic and elegant at the same time. Will miss this one, but I have my eye on new toys and it is time to find it a new home.

It's too dark for photos at 3am, will post pics when the sun comes up.

Thanks for looking!

Pm's replied

Ucmd, your inbox is full.

Misono is SPF

Kono is on hold while determining international shipping costs

Still no sun, pics will be up soon

pete84, box has room. did i get knife.

ok, so far:

Misono is SPF
Heiji Gyuto is SPF

Kono petty, ginga cleaver, and heiji ikasaki are still available! Willing to consider reasonable offers or bundle deals, PM me and we can work something out.

That heiji ikasaki is sick! If I didn't already have on from Shigefusa, I'd be all over it. Even so, I'm still having trouble resisting it. They're really fun and unique little knifes and someone is in for a treat.

That heiji ikasaki is sick! If I didn't already have on from Shigefusa, I'd be all over it. Even so, I'm still having trouble resisting it. They're really fun and unique little knifes and someone is in for a treat.

Yeah, I really want it, just don't have money right now.

Mine is also thin enough that it makes a really fun little petty.

Misono Sold

The ikasaki is a great little knife, it has nice weight to it, very well constructed and made with Iwasaki Swedish steel, same as Shigefusa. Good for small fish too. Whoever gets it is in for a treat! Will be sad to see that one go when it does...

All sold items shipped out today, please check your PM's for shipment details

Black Friday Sale Price on Heiji Ikasaki

$210 Shipped via paypal gift! After today, I'm keeping it.

Also have a barely used Naniwa Green brick w/ original box for sale

Misono received. thanks for perfect transaction

Cleaver and kono received! +1 for seller

Back