Look what I just got

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheflarge

Reaction score
Vintage Sabs reprofiled, rehandled work done by Mrmnms. Absolutely stoked can't wait to get them on the cutting board at work tomorrow.
Image11.jpg
Image12.jpg
Image13.jpg
Image14.jpg
Image15.jpg

The top one was purchased in '79, originally twelve inches, currently about eleven inches.

Bottom one purchased in '82, originally ten inches, currently about eight and a half.

Thanks, fellas. Just got through a day of work with the two Sab's & absoluely love the way they performed!!! Handles are very comfortable in hand and the blades cut really quit well, I couldn't be happier.

Hope it's ok to post this here, just got back my own vintage Sab, this is stamped "Johnsons overalls Sydney" like the one Chris just did for Son.
Rehandled and bolster ground down by a local guy, wood is Snakewood from Burlsource
null_zpsb6042a31.jpg
[/IMG]
null_zpsa31dd5a3.jpg
[/IMG]
null_zps92655fe4.jpg
[/IMG]

who did the grinding for you? i'm keen to get that done here in sydney too on a boning knife or something.

That 11" patina,indent at the heel looks like a good hunk & fuctional piece of carbon.

The notch on the 11" is really cool looking and even more functional. By creating said notch we have now created full functionality of the entire length of the blade. :cool:

Back