Thanks Marko!!!! (warning:graphic image)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Courtesy of a Tsourkan 225mm gyuto, and a pile of butternut squash....

ouch.jpg

:knife::knifed::dazed::angry1::angry2::IMOK:

Ouch! Bet that hurt just a little! The good thing is when a knife is real sharp then the cut is clean and heals quicker. Hope it heals fast for you!!

Does this mean you'll be changing your screen name to just "ChoP":D

Be Well,
Mikey

It couldn't have been me sharpening, I am a terrible sharpener, but that steel is quite capable of that sharpness.

Sorry, Chris -

EW! :( Keep it clean man...

Hope it heals fast!

You should see my hands, I got better the last year or so but before that I didn't go for more than a month without a deep cut - courtesy of hand polishing.

That's a good one, now I feel as though I have to watch out for my Marko's they haven't bit me yet.

i can't wait for the fall to be over and squash to be off the menu. Can we see the knife? I'm still waiting on mine :D

That's what happens when you do goofy stuff like hold a knife with your left hand.

Seriously though, ouch.
Kudos for not being so in denial to just go the electrical tape and super glue route.

How'd it happen? Was it from slipping off of the spine and down over the tip when pushing on the spine?

I had a stack of horizontally cut squash, when I went to make a cut, while holding the pile, said pile collapsed, my finger slid under the pile, and......

The knife didn't wedge at all in the squash; or my finger.

Here's a pick of the now de-virginized knife...

View attachment 20561

Pretty knife!! (and nice cut)

A local chef out this way had a 700 lb oven fall on his leg a few days back. Last I heard they managed to save his leg but he is still in ICU. Burns, cuts, missing nails/finger tips don't really bother me... but that right there gives me nightmares

Nice cut Chop:Ooooh:,Kabocha pumpkin, Butternut skin is tuff.Wt. Kabocha would make a flat on bottom for board stable.Cut in half wt. sharp cleaver & rest of cuts pumpkin skin on the bottom against the cutting board

Nice attempt at a human blood patina.
Sucks for you Chris! Just before all the Holiday parties @ the CC too?

Yah, not only do we have a huge buffet, we also do take out for the richies. 500#'s collard greens, 80 gallons gravy, tons of oyster stuffing, turkeys, pies, biscuits, etc...

Lots of prep!

did u stich that yourself? Because that are some loose stiches LOL

Ouch Chris, Thanks for thinking of us with a pic of that finger. All in all, guess its better to cut it where you did verses the tip area. We'll be looking for a WIP on this post. Heal well.

did u stich that yourself? Because that are some loose stiches LOL

I will say the REX was the most impersonal experience I ever had. Maybe ten words spoken to me the entire time, including the very strange doctor. I was there for three hours, too. I went to the nearest walk-in clinic initially, but after removing my bandages, and seeing the wide-opened cut gushing, the guy said "you need to go to the ER, man"!

that,s why I have dentalfloss in my bag... seriously.
And yes! the best patina maker on the market.

mofo!!

i'll never approach a "thank you" thread the same way ever again..not on this forum :)

i'm going in, eye squinted, hand on mouse...

i have a similar photo (table saw) i'll spare you. heal up quick bud!!

not to be crude..but is that your "wiping" hand? i found that the most challenging part!!

Yah, not only do we have a huge buffet, we also do take out for the richies. 500#'s collard greens, 80 gallons gravy, tons of oyster stuffing, turkeys, pies, biscuits, etc...

Lots of prep!

Man I don't envy you at all.I've known tuff guys wt. bad cuts seal up the dressing wt. duck tape during service.Some take sick leave,sounds like that is not an option for you during busy Thanksgiving week.I think you are a Tuff guy,you will survive just seal it good as alot of moisture not good.Good Luck Bradda:thumbsup:

Back