Quantcast
Cutting Performance - Reasonable Expectations - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutting Performance - Reasonable Expectations

I don't own a carter knife, but I have heard nothing but the best about him and his customer service. Happy to hear it all worked out for you.

The knife arrived last night. Cooked a simple dinner last night, but suffice it to say, I had enough time with it to tell that it’s a totally different knife.
    It cuts great and has definitely exceeded my expectations. I let my wife try it out too and she was just silent as she was very slowly cutting through some veggies. I asked what she was doing and I got this verbatim response; “I’m just enjoying how this knife cuts, is that ok?”

Now I'm just going to sit here patiently waiting for a Nakiri to come up on his site that catches my eye.

Excellent news, and thanks for the update!

Good to hear.

It had to be an oddball, some of the best performers out there usually.

carter is real good about corrections however with his volume increase since he moved to the states some not nominal blades slip out. one of my buddies got three & one wssould'nt cut up to par. however murray said to send it back to check the rockwell. my 3 kitchen knives were purchased about 10 years back & the first cut veges for 3 months before i needed to touch it up. that model had the center part of the blade made of hitachi white at 65 rockwell. cranky72

just a quick followup.

It's been ~6mos, use this thing on a near daily frequency and about one month ago is when i finally started to notice it wasnt crazy sharp.
    took my time, progressed up to a 5k s&g gesshin, stropped on CrOx, and was done in ~5-10 mins.

such a fantastic knife. so sharp and hard and durable. cuts great. quick to sharpen.

it's a shame, cause I hardly use my other nice knives.

STILL waiting for a nakiri i like to pop up on his website. one day i suppose

Thanks for updating.

somebody gets a takeda that wedges and the hoards freak out. someones carter cuts like shite brand new and nobody bats an eye..

In my personal experience (2 x Carter, 4 x Takeda), Carter pulled a knife from final QC inspection, refused to sell it as agreed, returned my funds and put me on the top of the list for a custom of similar style all before I knew what happened because he didn't like the final quality (...and he sold the original for less on his 2nds page). On 3 out of 4 Takedas, when I asked questions and sent pictures showing warps and profile issues (and these were before his recent production changes), I was told "your knife is perfect. If it's not perfect, the next one you buy will be more perfect."
    Just my experience

+ Reply to Thread