Leftover traditions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmnms

Reaction score
Anyone have any family traditions with Thanksgiving leftovers? My wife and I grew up in separate households with scrambled eggs , caramelized onions and diced turkey as a morning after tradition. We were more interested in leftovers than the original meal.

allow me to represent the Chinese folks here.

we make Congee (porridge) from the turkey carcass. big bubbling caldron of congee. i love the stuff.

my thanksgiving meal is actually today, in a few hours. we did the big family thing at a restaurant. today is just six of us (max capacity of my tiny home)..and turkey dinner. Diner style. blue plate special!!

turkey, mash taters, a veggie..gravy and biscuits. creme biscuits.

Both sound great to me. Maybe try some Congee myself. Long grain rice?

Both sound great to me. Maybe try some Congee myself. Long grain rice?

yea. long grain.

it takes surprisingly very little rice. i'm still working on the ratio. my entire family never measures..they just take handfuls of grains. i dont have that gift.

My Mom used to chop up the leftover turkey, mix it with stuffing and make patties. Fried like scrapple. With a little maple syrup and a couple of eggs...yum.

Tomorrow's breakfast, thanks

My Mom used to chop up the leftover turkey, mix it with stuffing and make patties. Fried like scrapple. With a little maple syrup and a couple of eggs...yum.

I do that too but I sit a fried egg on top of the stuffing patty, top it with hollandaise sauce and a sprinkle of chives.

Back