hello from texas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butcherboy

Reaction score
hello my name is owen i am new to the form i have been on the search for some new knifes to replace my wusthof set i have been looking at Miyabi what are yalls opinions ?

Welcome aboard Owen and fasten your seatbelt. You'll get more suggestions than you can handle here. It would help a lot if you submitted the questionnaire so we can get a better idea of what your parameters are.

What country are you in? Texas ; jk america

KNIFE TYPE
What type of knife are you interested in A great Chef Knife and A awesome cleaver but in all i will be getting a Wole new set

Are you right or left handed? Right

Are you interested in a Western handle …… i have woustof but i live the way shun feels when i am using it i have small hands

What length of knife (blade) are you interested in *8 to 10 inches

Do you require a stainless knife? Yes and no i don't mind maintenance on my knifes if they treat me right i will return the favor

What is your absolute maximum budget for your knife? i honestly do not have a budget i have been saving money for about 3 years for a new set so budget is no problem

KNIFE USE
Do you primarily intend to use this knife at home or a professional environment? i use my knifes everywhere from work to catering to a out door bbq i am wanting to get hired on with a butcher so i can start working on my butchery skills

What are the main tasks you primarily intend to use the knife for slicing vegetables, chopping vegetables, mincing vegetables, slicing meats, cutting down poultry, breaking poultry bones, filleting fish, trimming meats, MAINLY Meats tho .)

What knife, if any, are you replacing woustof set

What improvements do you want from your current knife? just a better knife set in general

Better aesthetics (e.g., a certain type of finish; layered/Damascus or other pattern of steel; different handle color/pattern/shape/wood; better scratch resistance; better stain resistance)? i like the Damascus but i am open to advice

Comfort light knife or heavy i am open to all knives

Ease of Use (e.g., ability to use the knife right out of the box would love to use right out of the box

Edge Retention (i.e., length of time you want the edge to last without sharpening)? a week to a few weeks

KNIFE MAINTENANCE
Do you use a bamboo, wood, rubber, or synthetic cutting board? (Yes or no.)

Do you sharpen your own knives? Yes

If not, are you interested in learning how to sharpen your knives? Yes open to advice on stones

Are you interested in purchasing sharpening products for your knives? Yes

Sorry bud I have horrible spelling I'll keep it in mind if I can find the buttons lol :cheffry:

Back