Seemed like a good Idea part 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score

The handle is just to heavy!!!!....The Dammy is from Randy Jr. I have no Idea what he calls this pattern but I am naming it "Groovy"

you have to figure out a way to make it work because it insanely perfect. its awesome

I'm not an educated man, but it looks to me that if you are to taper the ferrule and perhaps some of the handle a bit of the weight would just go away. It's quite the handsome couple, and that pattern is groovy!

Cut the corners on the handle, i.e. octagonal to lose some of the weight? Really does look great though...

The Mokume is beautiful. Is it blasphemy to suggest maybe attempting to drill/file out the tang opening and replace with a lighter material, leaving the outside as is?

DUDE!!! Are you F'n kidding me? My God, Mario, your artistic work is absolutely mind blowing! What an incredible cool looking knife!!!

Somehow this has to work out... its absolutely gorgeous!

grinding it down to an octogon should remove a good bit of weight. It would look very different though. It is very pretty.

Back