Hello from Burl Source

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Hello Everyone
Looks like a pretty cool forum here.
I recognize a few of the names I have seen so far.

My name is Mark Farley
Some of you will know me as Burl Source from the other knife forums.
A few others might know who I am from the knife shows.

I look forward to browsing through and seeing all the cool knives you guys make.

welcome burlsource......glad to have u here.....ryan

Just what we need; another crack dealer. Welcome.

Hi Mark, I just recently learned about your wood and my wallet has already hidden itself in anticipation. Good looking stuff you have there!

Mark,

I just wanted to let you know the rules around here. The most important is that vendors have to post the stuff they have available here first before they post it on other forums. Just wanted to let you know before you get in trouble. :wink:

Welcome Mark....staring at three pieces of wood from you as I type this.

Mark,

I just wanted to let you know the rules around here. The most important is that vendors have to post the stuff they have available here first before they post it on other forums. Just wanted to let you know before you get in trouble. :wink:

This is a very important, albeit not well known, rule. Should start getting enforced though. :D

Mark,

Oh man, just what I needed. O.K., here is another rule: No matter what I say and how much money I promise you, your answer shall always be "YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE WOOD". :slaphead:

Welcome, I had looked at your offerings on some other forums and managed to control myself so far. Not sure how long that will work...

Stefan

OOOOPS!
Looks like I already got myself into trouble.
Sorry everyone.

I have asked how to go about becoming a paid subscriber with a vendor subforum.
I hope we can work something out.
I didn't mean to start out on my first day making a bad impression.

Once again, My Apologies
Mark

Looking forward to your future posts Mark!

OOOOPS!
Looks like I already got myself into trouble.
Sorry everyone.

I have asked how to go about becoming a paid subscriber with a vendor subforum.
I hope we can work something out.
I didn't mean to start out on my first day making a bad impression.

Once again, My Apologies
Mark

No worries Mark, we simply try to keep the commercial side on the DL as much as possible. But let's forget all that and welcome you (again) but this time as an official supporting vendor. :)

I know i posted on your other stuff first, but welcome Mark!!!

Hi Mark. Welcome. The rule about posting new wood here before going on the other-forum-that-shall-not-be-named is strictly enforced here. In fact, if you sent me all your new wood first, that would save you the temptation :)

Take care.
-M

Hi Mark. Welcome. The rule about posting new wood here before going on the other-forum-that-shall-not-be-named is strictly enforced here. In fact, if you sent me all your new wood first, that would save you the temptation :)
Take care.-M

You know I was thinking the same thing.
I could just send everything to you.
You could tell me if any are ok and dispose of the ones you decide are no good.
That way I wouldn't embarrass myself.

Everyone here has been real good to me, so as I get new stuff I will be telling you guys about it first.
I will be getting my Vendor Subforum set up in the next several days.
Hopefully I will be able to post some usable information.
Plus I like to do give away contests so I will post them there every once in a while.

Ohh, this is real bad for my wallet, but hey, got to support forum members, right? Looking forward to having you here.

Ha ha. It's a deal. On another note, I'll be sure to post the damascus chef with your Ribbon Koa around here too. Want it to go up in your subforum or mine? How about both :)

Take care.
-M

Ha ha. It's a deal. On another note, I'll be sure to post the damascus chef with your Ribbon Koa around here too. Want it to go up in your subforum or mine? How about both :)

Take care.
-M

I like both. I think I should start a photo gallery thread.

Mark, its still a mystery . lol -- what up broham--Marekz

Hey Mark,
I let the cat out of the bag and told Dave you had some good ironwood burl stashed.
I think he is holding your turtle for ransom till he gets some.

Hey Mark,
I let the cat out of the bag and told Dave you had some good ironwood burl stashed.
I think he is holding your turtle for ransom till he gets some.

Yup, and the little turtle is missing you too, better fess up some of that ironwood. :D

Gimmy back my two dollars!! Dave, please return charlie-think of the kids at my son's school. What are you feeding him. ok what do you want for him--Mark

Hey Burl Source! Saw your table at OKCA, but I actually bought some wood from you back in October.
Just wanted to say thanks for the service, and the wood was awesome! Thanks!

Hey Burl Source! Saw your table at OKCA, but I actually bought some wood from you back in October.
Just wanted to say thanks for the service, and the wood was awesome! Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words Jason.
In October there is a really good knife show in Boise.
If there is any way you can make it, it will be well worth the trip.
Otherwise see you next year in Eugene.

Gimmy back my two dollars!! Dave, please return charlie-think of the kids at my son's school. What are you feeding him. ok what do you want for him--Mark

You might be too late Mark.
I think I saw another thread about what knives to use cleaning a turtle for turtle soup.

Back