• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (from EU) Wüsthof Avantgarde 16cm chef's knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have for sale a Wüsthof Avantgarde 16cm kitchen knife. It is about 8 years old. Most of the time it was sharpened with a KMEsharpening system (I know I know, but that is all I knew at the time), last time it was sharpened on stones. Since I got into japanese kitchen knives it has not been used.

The condition:
There are sings of use on both blade and handle, though no signs of abuse. No chipping on the blade, no cracks on the handle. The handle is some tough plastic material. The pins are stainless.

Design:
The knife has a semi-full tang is feels quite substantial. Since it is not as hard as knives disused on this forum it does not tend to chip. The blade is stronger with slight concave shape. It will withstand handling by a less careful person. Steel: X50 Cr Mo 15 (seems to be 'standard' Wusthof steel)

Size/weight:
weight: 188g
height at the heel: 41mm
width on spine at the heel:2.9mm
width on spine at mid. length: 2.3mm
width 1cm from the tip:1.1 mm
balance point - where your index finger rests (hammer gip)

Price:
35€ + shipping from Germany

I will gladly answer your questions.

How it looks:

.. bump ..

P.S. Shipping to most countries is possible as a letter so the cost is only around 4€

To comply with the B/S/T guidelines:

$28 or 20 € shipped anywhere in the world (as a letter)

If you haven't shifted this by my next payday I'll have it for 15 euro.

Back